Thread: Seat back kit?

Default Seat back kit?

Has anyone installed the Moomba seat back kit or modified their step seat for behind the captains chair? As soon as we bought the boat I removed that seat in hopes people would use the walk through over the sun pad to swim platform. Now I am thinking it would be nice to use that seat as a backrest behind the captains chair for a passenger. Thanks for any guidance, advice or info.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Has anyone installed the Moomba seat back kit or modified their step seat for behind the captains chair? As soon as we bought the boat I removed that seat in hopes people would use the walk through over the sun pad to swim platform. Now I am thinking it would be nice to use that seat as a backrest behind the captains chair for a passenger. Thanks for any guidance, advice or info.
    I purchased the seat back kit from my dealer and installed it myself. Just tape off the area, test fit the seat with the bracket attached to the seat back. Then trace out the holes onto the tape and drill the holes. Make sure you run the drill in reverse until you penetrate the gel coat or it could Crack. I also used a larger bit to taper the edges of the holes and remove any sharp edges that may be more prone to cracking. Again, run the drill in reverse.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

What was the damage $$? I'm thinking of getting the kit for my Craz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    What was the damage $$? I'm thinking of getting the kit for my Craz.

It was like $160 cdn, but I'm pretty sure they messed up and have me the bracket for free. My previous quote was more than 4x as much and I know other guys on this forum paid the same as me for just the cushion and no hardware.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Default Seat back kit?

What?! For the whole kit including the seat back for the sliding center seat? I want that seat back more than the one behind the captains chair.

2017 Moomba Craz

Sorry I misunderstood the first post. That price was for just the backrest behind the captains chair

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

i installed the factory seat back kit to the end of the seat behind the captains chair. I paid $500 from the dealer and was made to understand that was below msrp. Because of the suboptimal factory glassed in backing plate, installation was somewhat involved in regard to beefing up the backing plate, but is now rock solid. I took measurements of the craz with the setback option at the dealer.

On a side note, Knox, I would like details on how your FAE is mounted. Mine is now mounted well, but only after some custom fabrication. Just curious about yours.
    Thanks.
    2015 Mojo Surf Edition
    1100 rear lockers
    400+ under each rear seat
    700 stock center
    950 ibs
    autoflow 2.0 surf tab upgrade
    FAE

Hmm, that'll make me think twice about installing that bracket and brace for the seat back, thanks for the info. I got my FAE early last summer and actually installed it while the boat was on my lift sitting on my paddle board, lol. Mine installed over the factory exhaust flange and it has a stainless steel tube brace that goes from the exhaust to a bracket they sent that attaches to the drain outlet. We had to cut that thing down quite a bit, the tube brace that is, to make it fit. When I sent them pics of the final install, they said they messed up and the brace was on the wrong side. I never changed it as it worked, has been solid, and has never moved. Other than going through a few cutting wheels and dropping a screw driver in the water, we had it done in right about an hour
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Knox,
    Thanks for that.
    I have changed a prop with the boat on the lift while floating on a tube. Biggest fear was dropping a tool. I'm impressed you were able to install the FAE that way.
    I am interested in how your FAE flange mates with the exhaust outlet flange. I would like to see pics if you have them. I can pm you my email if that would be easier.

Yes, the back rest is quite expensive, but includes a beefy mounting bracket, and the separate upholstered back rest. I wanted to use factory parts and my dealer quoted me a price before checking the msrp, but billed me only for his quote.
    There was a thread on here a year or so ago by people that custom fabricated their own back rests and they looked quite good. I can't find that thread but maybe you can.
    2015 Mojo Surf Edition
    1100 rear lockers
    400+ under each rear seat
    700 stock center
    950 ibs
    autoflow 2.0 surf tab upgrade
    FAE

I will post a couple pics up on here when I have my phone later today.....I bet changing that prop while on a tube was a mother f! The FAE they sent me has an opening just slightly bigger than the exhaust flange. After taking the flapper off, it just fit right over and screwed down with the longer supplied screws they sent me.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155