Default Need Pointers on lowering a rad a cage tower on 2008 lsv.

Bought the boat about 2 years ago now I need some help with how to lower this Tower so I can put it into my garage if it can fit at all thanks. The tower has Roswell speakers and also a z 5 cargo rack. If There's a link to a video on YouTube that would be awesome.
    MK.

2008 Mobius LSV 325 FI. New too Me ! Purchased with only 86 Hours on motor. Looking for fun times.
    1984 Bayliner capri. soon to be sold after 15 years of service and still running strong.

Easy: Just unscrew the big hand knobs and drop the short legs on the gunwale. It will chip the hell out of the gel coat (if it isn't already) and then you'll learn the right way to do it Seriously though, it's pretty easy. Just be sure to catch those short legs or put something under them for when they fall. I'm not sure about the Z5 bimini, does it collapse at all? If not, you may have to remove it.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by surfdaddy View Post
    Bought the boat about 2 years ago now I need some help with how to lower this Tower so I can put it into my garage if it can fit at all thanks. The tower has Roswell speakers and also a z 5 cargo rack. If There's a link to a video on YouTube that would be awesome.
    You need to remove the z5 before lowering. That is pretty easy- just a little hard to maneuver but can easily be placed down in the boat on the seats. Then drop the tower. I did mine on my own, no problem. As mentioned, just watch the legs and have something soft to place them on on the gunwales.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

I used pool noodles around my tower legs when lowering my rad-a-cage. Cheap easy solution

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Long arms helps

It helps to have somebody, even a kid, to lower one of the arms when you lift the tower up. You can do the other one. Otherwise you are trying to lift just one side enough to get it off the leg and then lower the leg, then move to the other side and lift again, lower that leg, then lower the tower. I've done it myself but it is much easier with at least one extra pair of hands. Your z-5 will have to come off first but should have quick release anyway.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    It helps to have somebody, even a kid, to lower one of the arms when you lift the tower up. You can do the other one. Otherwise you are trying to lift just one side enough to get it off the leg and then lower the leg, then move to the other side and lift again, lower that leg, then lower the tower. I've done it myself but it is much easier with at least one extra pair of hands. Your z-5 will have to come off first but should have quick release anyway.
    +1 on getting 2 people,

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk