Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

#2 is the one with connection issues as well. #1 runs and powers everything fine

Quote Originally Posted by MegatronSS View Post
    I'm using a perko switch yes. Accessories/stereo are wired to #1, #2 just wired to 'the boat'.

I dismounted the switch, had a small amount of corrosion but nothing major. Cleaned it off with a wire bruss but no help.

Where else could something have come loose? Again the issue that that zero power seems to be registering but it's a brand new battery

That doesn't make sense. The switch has 1, 2, and common. 1 is the cable to the positive battery terminal, 2 goes to battery 2 and common is everything that is shared between the two batteries. It sounds like your perko switch is not wired correctly. The batteries must also share a ground (negative) cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Poison; 07-10-2017 at 08:51 PM.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom

I'm using a perko switch yes. Accessories/stereo are wired to #1, #2 just wired to 'the boat'.
    If this is the case, then the switch is not wired correctly. However, A volt meter will end the speculation. Use the tool to find where the voltage stops. There is nothing more anyone here can do for you, beyond guessing. If electrical testing is not your thing, seek the help of a boat mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    That doesn't make sense. The switch has 1, 2, and common. 1 is the cable to the positive battery terminal, 2 goes to battery 2 and common is everything that is shared between the two batteries. It sounds like your perko switch is not wired correctly. The batteries must also share a ground (negative) cable.

Thanks for the help, I'm still learning here...

I'll grab some pics and see if that helps

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    If this is the case, then the switch is not wired correctly. However, A volt meter will end the speculation. Use the tool to find where the voltage stops. There is nothing more anyone here can do for you, beyond guessing. If electrical testing is not your thing, seek the help of a boat mechanic.
    I would rather learn on the forum if I can than take it to the shop that is for sure.....that's what forums are for to seek help, no?

Voltmeter no big deal, I need to find where to test though. Does it go to the ignition or the alternator from the switch?

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    There is nothing more anyone here can do for you, beyond guessing. If electrical testing is not your thing, seek the help of a boat mechanic.
    Mike, if you want to give up, that's fine. But we don't just send everyone on here to a boat mechanic or we wouldn't need a forum. There's always room to learn things.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Kaneboats,

Feel free to message me and we can have a mature, professional off-topic discussion regarding your comments.

In the meantime, please read back through this thread. We are 5 days into it and the OP has yet to make some basic checks and answer back, yet still asking what to do. Help has been offered but cannot go any further until we get some basic voltage checks at the batteries and switch posts.

I have not given up, im still waiting on day five, for some thing more concrete then "the batteries are good". We can continue to speculate on all the things that could be wrong, or we can grab a volt meter, climb in that locker and start narrowing it down to what is actually wrong.

Again, we are 5 days into a dead battery bank in the middle of summer. Seeking the help of a professional is a 100% valid suggestion for the Op to consider, if he feels that his strengths are not in mobile 12V diagnostics and repairs. November is a great time to learn the basic................middle of boat season, not so much. However, not my decision, im just here to offer options.

Regards

Unbunch your panties. Guy's trying to learn as he goes.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Very becoming of a moderator Kaneboats. I dont yet see a message notice so again, feel free to contact me outside of a public thread if you disagree the nature of my advise in the context of this thread.

otherwise, please continue with the help you were offering the OP. My apology for interrupting you.

Megatron does this help?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5xMDWzUPk_w

2017 Supra SA