Default Platform Brace Question

My platform has been moving quite a bit recently. I had the boat home this weekend to do some maintenance and decided to take a look at it. I replaced the pins at the bottom of the bracing with nuts and bolts a long time ago and I get some movement there, but I noticed these screw holes at the top of the brace that I had not seen before.

They look like they are for bolts to be used to tighten the platform against the braces on the boat. Are there supposed to be bolts in these holes? Anybody run bolts there and if so what size?
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

I don't have those threaded holes in my bracket, but I'd imagine they're for exactly what you're thinking.

As far as figuring out the threads, do you have a tap/die kit? You could thread a couple of the taps into there and see if they go in smoothly. or take a guess at some of the more common diameters like 3/16, etc.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Slap's forehead! Why didn't I think of that.

Now if I can only find my tap and die....
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

If I remember correctly, my OBV brackets had set screws there. Sorry, not sure on size.

If they were in there at one point it may work best with a Jam nut? Those things move a ton.
    If all else fails I use a stiff composite shim pounded down between the bracket and brace from the top and snap them off. Works great and you don't notice it unless you are looking for it.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap