Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Still Struggling... /LSV Setup Help

Everyone

Still struggling w surf wave for a year, even after upgrades and getting frustrated so could use some additional advice. Had it dialed in once with 5 adults and a kid but can't replicate with less people. Know others have small crew so any help would be appreciated.
    SETUP:
    1100's in rear
    Factory 400 in belly
    750 Fly-High IBS in bow
    Suck gate on 2nd level of gunnel
    Verified 10.5 or so mph
    PROBLEM:
    Wave looks decent but short pocket and not much push, especially further back.

EXAMPLE:
    3 adults with daughter surfing regular. Port almost full, starboard 75-80%, belly and IBS full. 2 adults on surf side and played around with wake plate. She has new board and can surf ropeless all day behind friend's boat but could only go until she made 1st cut and would fall off. Know everyone says bow weight will give more push but have 750 and moved one adult to bow and she still struggled. I surfed goofy with similar last week (both rears full) and no push.

Like I said had great one with more adults but can't seem to replicate. Is hull that sensitive? Pictures below are when it was great.

More speed? More weight? Less/more list?

Thanks in advance for help..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I fill everything full, put suck gate all the way at the back, plate at 25% and have people sit on surf side. I have gotten some good waves with that.
    Last edited by JoelFett; 07-03-2017 at 06:48 AM.
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition
    6.2L Raptor power
    1100's and Flow
    Acme 1847

2003 Wakesetter xTi - sold

Buddy has same boat (2010 LSV) and we run plate all the way up. Suck gate sticks out 90 and as far back as possible so the blade is under the first letter of LSV that is closest to the front. We run everything full except non-surf side rear at 50%. Then an extra 400lb bag on surf side seats and everyone sits as far back and on surf side as much as possible. Sometimes if crew is only 2-3 we run another 300lbs across rear bench. His wave is the best I have surfed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by JoelFett View Post
    I fill everything full, put suck gate all the way at the back, plate at 25% and have people sit on surf side. I have gotten some good waves with that.
    This^^^. My '14 LSV really needs to list to get us the best wave possible. With 2 teenagers + 2 adults surfing regular side we go with:
    1) Surf side 900lbs @ 100%
    2) Non-surf side 900lbs @ 50%
    3) IBS 500lbs @ 100%
    4) Suck gate all the way back just below the bevel of the hull OR Manual Flow Plate at #2
    5) Wake plate Down
    6) Extra adults on the surf side corner (with one on the locker cover all the way at the end of the stern)
    7) 10.5mph

For surfing goofy, we run the same but 0.5 mph slower and the non-surf side at 0% (the non-surf side swim platform is literally out of the water). We ran this set up all day yesterday and it worked great. One of my sons is heading home this morning so I'll replace him with an extra 650lbs bag under the surfside seat . Good luck, and I hope you can dial it in and get some good sessions in for the 4th!

I don't know your boat but why wake plate down? I run mine pretty much up.

2017 Supra SA

My set up is pretty similar to yours. When we only have two or three in boat, i add 540 bag up in the bow on the surf side. Also favor more bodies on surf side. My gate is a little further forward, but we have had good luck further back also...this is just the best for us. I run 11.2 now with wake-plate mostly up. Rest of my set-up is in the signature.

Good luck!!!
    Last edited by Sp8; 07-03-2017 at 02:21 PM.
    2011 Mobius LSV, V2 Tower, 1100lbs regular side,
    750lbs goofy, 370lbs ski locker, 750lbs bow,
    flow surf (don't use it thanks to suck gate)

This is my wave on my 2015 with the suck gate and all bags full (1100's in back and hard tank plus 500 IBS in front.) 11.2 mph with plate at 25%ish.

Please forgive the flailing man impression, Fell out after a 360.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition
    6.2L Raptor power
    1100's and Flow
    Acme 1847

2003 Wakesetter xTi - sold

I've got a 2011 LSV with basically your setup. I like a huge wave with lots of push (I'm a big dude). I run the bow full, ski locker full, 1100 on surf side full and 1100 on non surf side about 70% full. We usually run at 10.2mph and wake plate all the way up and the suck gate on.

My wave will look like yours in the picture of your daughter if I forget to put the wake plate all the way up.

Here's goofy with just me in the boat setup as above.

2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

When we're only 3 or 4 on the boat (like this weekend) and only a 500lbs IBS, I tend to put the few extra bodies in back where I need them most and compensate with the wake plate down. With more folks in the boat I can throw someone up front and go with the wake plate up.

With twin boys in college and a competitive high school swimmer, it's getting harder and harder to have all 3 of my boys join us for long weekends at the lake, so I gotta find new ways to set up my LSV

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    I don't know your boat but why wake plate down? I run mine pretty much up.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by North Woods Mobius View Post
    This^^^. My '14 LSV really needs to list to get us the best wave possible. With 2 teenagers + 2 adults surfing regular side we go with:
    1) Surf side 900lbs @ 100%
    2) Non-surf side 900lbs @ 50%
    3) IBS 500lbs @ 100%
    4) Suck gate all the way back just below the bevel of the hull OR Manual Flow Plate at #2
    5) Wake plate Down
    6) Extra adults on the surf side corner (with one on the locker cover all the way at the end of the stern)
    7) 10.5mph

For surfing goofy, we run the same but 0.5 mph slower and the non-surf side at 0% (the non-surf side swim platform is literally out of the water). We ran this set up all day yesterday and it worked great. One of my sons is heading home this morning so I'll replace him with an extra 650lbs bag under the surfside seat . Good luck, and I hope you can dial it in and get some good sessions in for the 4th!
    Mine is similar to this one... 1100 surf side full, non surf side 50%, Ibs 750 full, wake plate all the way down (never have much luck with it all the way up like many, and speed is at 11mph. Suck gate (I'm using nauticurl - it works well) and have it above bevel as far back as it goes. If I put it below bevel I find wave is not as good... Wave is pretty good - good enough for my 10 year old daughter to stick 360's now!!! Proud papa!!
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5