Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Going nuts trying to pick out the appropriate amps!

Just picked up new towers and cabins. The towers are Rockford pm282-w 8" rated at 200 watts per (100 rms) at 4 ohms and the cabins are Rockford 0652 Primes rated at 100 watts per (50 rms) at 4 ohms. I've been looking for the appropriate amps to pair these with but I'm starting to get more confused the more I look. I'd like to run two amps, one for the towers and one for the cabins. I also have a sub I wouldn't mind throwing in the mix. Anyone have any specific product recommendations? Thanks.

Zk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '92 Supra Comp ts6m
    '02 Supra Launch SS

First choice, Wet Sounds HTX-2 for the towers = 150W rms, HTX-4 for in-boats = 110W rms to four or 75W rms if you have six.

Second choice, Kicker KXMA400.2 for the tower = 100W rms to each, KXMA400.4 for the in-boats = 50W rms to each.

Depending on the woofer, you could go HTX-6 or Kicker KXMA800.5 for the in-boats and woofer.

I went with MLA's Kicker option. Only difference is I went with Kicker 400.4 bridged for the towers, and Kicker 800.5 for in boats and sub. The rear pairs of the in boats (4speakers) are wired parallel to two channels and then the 2 bow speaker are off the other 2 channels, and of course the sub has its own channel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Okay so I do have the six cabins, does it matter which are wired parallel to the same channel? Does it subtract from the total wattage or just the wattage of that channel? I think I'm going to go the kicker route. I have an event this week will the Boss r3002 run the towers efficiently til the kicker set arrives?

'92 Supra Comp ts6m
    '02 Supra Launch SS

Those Boss amps are total garbage. I just ran the rear pairs together as they are situated close together, then I adjusted the gains so that rear pairs on one channel, and the bows sound equal.

2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Those Boss amps are total garbage. I just ran the rear pairs together as they are situated close together, then I adjusted the gains so that rear pairs on one channel, and the bows sound equal.

I don't have any local retailers that sell audio, other than Walmart. Whatever I order today will not be here by Thursday therefore I need to buy something to be able to use this weekend and return once whatever I choose comes. Walmart is my only option and they have the Boss r3002, some sound is better than no sound.

Zk

'92 Supra Comp ts6m
    '02 Supra Launch SS

Quote Originally Posted by Zkdk3000 View Post
    therefore I need to buy something to be able to use this weekend and return once whatever I choose comes.
    As a Walmart manager, I do take offense to this sentence...
    pay for upgraded shipping to have them on time or take a portable speaker...
    one of the reasons goods cost more and why some retailers are going out of business. you wouldn't do this to your local stereo shop.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    As a Walmart manager, I do take offense to this sentence...
    pay for upgraded shipping to have them on time or take a portable speaker...
    one of the reasons goods cost more and why some retailers are going out of business. you wouldn't do this to your local stereo shop.
    Did not ask for your opinion. Thanks.

'92 Supra Comp ts6m
    '02 Supra Launch SS

You run more chance of damaging a speaker by pushing it too hard without enough wattage. So getting that boss amp to power those towers may end up damaging them as those amps are always way underrated for what they claim. I would just not waste the time and money getting a cheap amp, just for this event. Just suck it up and wait for the right amp to arrive.

2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    You run more chance of damaging a speaker by pushing it too hard without enough wattage. So getting that boss amp to power those towers may end up damaging them as those amps are always way underrated for what they claim. I would just not waste the time and money getting a cheap amp, just for this event. Just suck it up and wait for the right amp to arrive.

What sub are you running with that kicker?

'92 Supra Comp ts6m
    '02 Supra Launch SS