Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

12" COMP RT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

With 4 tower pods, a 2 chnl is likely going to get you more wattage for the money and can be easier to wire and is easier to tune compared to a 4 chnl amp.

It does but doesn't matter which in boats get paired. I like to retain stereo and wire port mid and aft on one chnl and then STBD mid and aft on other chnl. Bow pair each on their own. Same way whether it's a 4 chnl or 5 chnl.

In a pinch any full range multi chnl amp will drive the tower speakers for you.

Just to clarify. My options listed above was based solely on wattage and dollars and had nothing to do with a difference in quality, performance or reliability. I run both with zero hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    With 4 tower pods, a 2 chnl is likely going to get you more wattage for the money and can be easier to wire and is easier to tune compared to a 4 chnl amp.

It does but doesn't matter which in boats get paired. I like to retain stereo and wire port mid and aft on one chnl and then STBD mid and aft on other chnl. Bow pair each on their own. Same way whether it's a 4 chnl or 5 chnl.

In a pinch any full range multi chnl amp will drive the tower speakers for you.

Just to clarify. My options listed above was based solely on wattage and dollars and had nothing to do with a difference in quality, performance or reliability. I run both with zero hesitation.
    Beautiful! Thanks!

Zk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '92 Supra Comp ts6m
    '02 Supra Launch SS

Quote Originally Posted by Zkdk3000 View Post
    Did not ask for your opinion. Thanks.

did not ask if you asked.

pretty shitty thing to do to buy with the intention of using and returning and advertising it online. speaks volumes to your ethics...
    you wouldn't do that to MLA's business as if you did he would be out of business and not able to offer outstanding advice but I guess it's ok to do it to a nameless faceless conglomerate of a business.

if you do end up going that route, may your speakers blow. karma is a bitch don't ya know......
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    did not ask if you asked.

pretty shitty thing to do to buy with the intention of using and returning and advertising it online. speaks volumes to your ethics...
    you wouldn't do that to MLA's business as if you did he would be out of business and not able to offer outstanding advice but I guess it's ok to do it to a nameless faceless conglomerate of a business.

if you do end up going that route, may your speakers blow. karma is a bitch don't ya know......
    Don't you have some shelves to stock? Take a hike bud.

'92 Supra Comp ts6m
    '02 Supra Launch SS

Quote Originally Posted by Zkdk3000 View Post
    I don't have any local retailers that sell audio, other than Walmart. Whatever I order today will not be here by Thursday therefore I need to buy something to be able to use this weekend and return once whatever I choose comes. Walmart is my only option and they have the Boss r3002, some sound is better than no sound.

Zk

THIS ^^^^. This is not okay! Ethically as wrong as it gets. Once that retailer has a returned product, it is an open box, it is used, and can never be sold as new again. Now that product must be sold at a deep discount and costs the retailer considerable money. The transaction cost hard dollars plus human resources as it had to be processed twice. The real cost to the retailer might be several hundred dollars. That's just outright theft in my book.

nope, I work on the logistics side. if I was in the store side, I would try to make sure there were no boss amps to buy until sunday to avoid the sell and return. heck, at $50 for that amp, buy it, use it, and keep it for another project. used that same amp to replace an old school soundstream reference series in a truck I sold in march. never know when you'll need a cheap amp to sell with something.

it's not ok to do this and you're going to do what you're going to do but if the amps you are waiting to ship show up and have been previously installed and returned for the same reason as someone was waiting for wetsounds, bet you'd be pissed.

good luck with whatever you do as it's your morals/ethics. I know there are others on here that are thinking the same thing just not typing it.

edit: thanks david. as a prior store owner, you get it....
    Last edited by sandm; 07-04-2017 at 10:11 AM.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I'll make sure to take an extra hard look in the mirror tomorrow morning, thanks fellas.

'92 Supra Comp ts6m
    '02 Supra Launch SS

Hate to dog pile, but even as large as a retailer walmart is, its not a fair practice to make a return in this manor. Keep the amp or wait till the amp of choice can be sourced.

You run more chance of damaging a speaker by pushing it too hard without enough wattage.