Default Wetsounds speaker replacement

So all 4 of my wetsounds tower speakers are cracked/dry rotted. Where can I buy just the replacement speaker and not the cans? Is that possible
    2016 CRAZ
    2008 Mobius LSV -Sold

pm MLA or just wait for him to respond. he can point in the right direction or hook you up...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Start with what model you have.

I believe they are the rev10 and rev8...?
    2016 CRAZ
    2008 Mobius LSV -Sold

Those are pro-60 in the middle and pro-80 on the outside. I know for sure, replacement drivers are not available from Wet Sounds for the Pro-60. Slim chance on the Pro-80 drivers, so worth a call. You also might look into having them re-coned and new surrounds put on.

Or, replace the HLCD with a coax like the XS-650 and XS-808.

I wasn't totally sure. They were on the boat when I purchased it...

Who does something like that?
    2016 CRAZ
    2008 Mobius LSV -Sold

That looks like a Double-Up with an 8-inch midbass on the outside and 6.5" HLCD proaxials on the inside. If it is just a deteriorated surround then that part alone can be replaced. If the cone is damaged then you would replace the entire cone/voice-coil/spider/surround assembly. There are literally dozens of speaker rebuilders across the nation. Here in Dallas, there's one called Freeman-Tuell. You shouldn't have any trouble finding these services but you may have to shop around for one who can rebuild an HLCD to marine standards. HLCDs are common in home dating back to the '50s and in theaters dating back to the '30s, so this isn't anything new. But with a polymer cone and rubber surround, parts may be a bit more rare. Fortunately the 6.5" and 8" are standard sizes. I would disassemble the speakers and take pics of the raw drivers to send on to the service....before you ship....so that you don't waste time and expense. Also, make a call to Wetsounds and check to see if they have a preferred service they might recommend. You might even reference this thread.
    Btw, I see lots of oxidation on the outside pods. When this is completed, polish that out, and get some protective socks. UV is a killer.

Default Wetsounds speaker replacement

Okay. Bringing this back up since boat is in storage and i had time to take the speakers out. To me it just seems like it is the surrounds that are bad. I went to a local shop who is a wetsounds Dealer and they don’t due repairs. Should i contact wetsounds, is this something i might could replace myself?

Note on the oxidations. I definitely agree on that the oxidation on the mounts was something i noticed when i bought the boat. Since purchase i have always had it stored out of sun and protected. But i guess the damage finally caught up with the usage
    Last edited by c04rsx-sm; 11-26-2017 at 02:54 PM.
    2016 CRAZ
    2008 Mobius LSV -Sold

Quote from David:

There are literally dozens of speaker rebuilders across the nation. Here in Dallas, there's one called Freeman-Tuell.
    I would first contact Wet Sounds and just inquire about any replacement drivers in stock. Very slim chance but makes for a quick and easy fix and not overly expensive.

next, check with a shop that is in the biz of rebuilding speakers. As long as they have 6.5 and 8" rubber surrounds, should not be too expensive to get done, just have to take them apart and ship off the old drivers and wait for them to come back.

You would probably be happier with just replacing all four with a pair of new Rev10's. IMO, depending on cost of repair.
    2018 SR450

**Previous**2009 Supra Launch 22SSV