Default Speakers not working

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I'm looking for help before I rip everything out and start over. I installed a new deck and made all the connections today for the cabin speakers. The bow works fine, but the rears won't push sound. I checked to make sure all the splices were correct and they were. I checked the fader on the deck and it's all centered. I've done stereo work in my cars before, but have not run into a problem like this.
    I bought the boat used four years ago and everything seemed pretty stock audio wise back then. The only thing I can think of is the rear speakers some how being spliced into the tower speakers somewhere after the amp. Since my amp isn't working right now. The front's are powered of the head unit.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by jyj1189; 06-29-2017 at 09:02 PM.
    Jr.
    '08 Outback V

So you have an amp not working prior to the head unit swap. Did the cabin speakers work prior to the head unit swap?

They did last season. The amp died at the end of last season and I bought a new one over the winter. I also had to wire in the new harness for the new radio. I checked all the wires to make sure they matched up, but still nothing.
    Jr.
    '08 Outback V

So the suspect speakers did not work prior to the head unit swap, dont work after the swap, dead amp still in place but you have a new amp? Ok, install that new amp and go from there.

Ok, found out the rear speakers do work but with the radio only. I was using Bluetooth audio and only the front would work. I wired in the amp today and got my tower speakers up. Those won't work with bluetooth audio either, only the regular radio.
    Jr.
    '08 Outback V

Have to take this one on the chin. Apparently Kenwood defaults their bluetooth audio to front only. It has to be changed in the settings. I guess I would have known this had I thoroughly read the manual. Skimming it didn't work. All is working as it is supposed to at this point.

Thanks for the input MLA.
    Jr.
    '08 Outback V

Man I did the same thing 2 years ago with kenwood, spent hours troubleshooting. Why would kenwood do this??
    2016 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by mcjimmy33 View Post
    Man I did the same thing 2 years ago with kenwood, spent hours troubleshooting. Why would kenwood do this??
    Don't know but here's a guess. Since most of the Kenwood marine HUs are automotive based, and since BT can be associated with cellphone conversation, they might want to keep the conversation out of the rear seats???