Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Awesome thanks, the ones in a different thread were the OEM specs but this is perfect for my visual style. The creativity and winging it approach drives me nuts. Great write-up!
    Jeff
    2007 LSV - FAE, G4 setup with Sumo 500 IBS, 1k rear lockers

Hey guys, I know this is an old thread but I was starting the same project after seeing yours. I am doing tinted epoxy instead of paint. Did you have any problems with the epoxy cracking and getting water to the plywood? Was it strong enough with out using fiberglass to not crack or get chipped up?
    Thanks

It is extremely strong just as plywood, the epoxy is simply a waterproofing agent. I have not had to go back at all other than some touch up epoxy work from where squirrels chewed on 2 small areas over the winter - I hate wildlife...

I added a EVA pad this spring and it looks great and my riders love it on their knees when getting back in the boat. Highly recommend, no modifications other than don't use liquid nails on the glue up!
    2008 OBV
    325 EFI with closed cooling
    Gravity III with 750's in the rear, 400 stock floor, 750 IBS
    Servo valve ballast upgrade
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

2000 Outback LS <-- Sold!!!
    310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker
    750# IBS (should have kept this for the OBV)
    Dual Batteries with 2 Bank Charger System
    Kenwood Head with Remotes
    Too many hours restoring exterior from prior negligence to count!

Quote Originally Posted by aerolland View Post
    Here is what I used for my 07 OBV, take them for what they're worth - yours might be different! 56" corner to corner, closest to transom. Let me know if you were looking for something else!

Hi, long shot on an older post, but wondering if you happen to have the file in the program you drew this up in? Reason asking is, is it possible to get the same data, of measurements on x/y axis but with the platform oriented straight up and down (as opposed to rotated like in the pictures that made sense for a template to be printed? I'm just trying to lay out the measurement directly on the material as opposed to printing a template.

Thanks
    Greg
    06 Mobius LSV, GIII (now with 1100 in the port locker), perfect pass, wakeplate
    Kicker KM10 Sub, dual batteries

Quote Originally Posted by REDFIVE48 View Post
    Hi, long shot on an older post, but wondering if you happen to have the file in the program you drew this up in? Reason asking is, is it possible to get the same data, of measurements on x/y axis but with the platform oriented straight up and down (as opposed to rotated like in the pictures that made sense for a template to be printed? I'm just trying to lay out the measurement directly on the material as opposed to printing a template.

Thanks
    Greg
    Yes I can supply the file, that is not a problem at all. I did not print this template but rather used it to lay out the pieces on a standard 4x8 sheet of plywood. If I rotate the platform vertically it is too large to fit on the plywood.

If you take the dimensions provided and treat it like an XY grid, layout all your points from the respective corners that the measurements come from and then connect the dots. That's what I did.

Let me know if you still want the file, I can email it today if you provide an email address

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    2008 OBV
    325 EFI with closed cooling
    Gravity III with 750's in the rear, 400 stock floor, 750 IBS
    Servo valve ballast upgrade
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

2000 Outback LS <-- Sold!!!
    310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker
    750# IBS (should have kept this for the OBV)
    Dual Batteries with 2 Bank Charger System
    Kenwood Head with Remotes
    Too many hours restoring exterior from prior negligence to count!

I’m curious, is this platform size and shape something that will fit multiple moomba boats? I just made a full fiberglass surf platform for my Supra, and I’m thinking this one might be the next one I make. I’m curious to see if there would be enough interest if I made a set of molds. Do these work well without a spacer between the platform and the brackets? I made built in risers on the first one I made. It would be really easy if I didn’t have to make the risers.