Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default New 2017 Moomba Mojo, just pulled the trigger.

New around here, but learned a lot through the forum the last few weeks. We just pulled the trigger on a Red 2017 Mojo Surf Edition.

We swung a deal to sell our Yamaha AR240 and the dealer is delivering our Mojo Friday morning. He will do a water demo for us and then we will head out for the campground with new boat in tow.

Any advice on what I need to check, confirm, ask or otherwise make sure of in the delivery and water test with the dealer rep?

Also, opinions on breaking her in. My plan was no ballast until I get 10 hours, but after 2 hours do a little ballast free wakeboarding and pull the kids on the tube. Dealer says that is fine but curious as to other opinions.

Common sense, keep rpms below 3000 and keep RPMs varied is the plan.

My thought about the break in period... did you water test the boat? Did you stay under 3000 when you did it? Did all of the other people that may have driven it stay under 3000? Did the factory test the engine, and also keep it under 3000? I just wondered about all these things when I got my new boat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition
    6.2L Raptor power
    1100's and Flow
    Acme 1847

2003 Wakesetter xTi - sold

Personally I babied it till I hit 20hours. They can pull the logs of the ECU, so if something bad happened they could say "tough shit, you didn't follow the break in schedule!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Have dealer install 1,100 bags in the rear. You will be glad they did. Adjust gains and crossovers on whatever amps it will have installed.

2017 Supra SA

Have a knife and mask before doing watersports.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Have a knife and mask before doing watersports.
    What's the worry here? Rope in the prop?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Have dealer install 1,100 bags in the rear. You will be glad they did. Adjust gains and crossovers on whatever amps it will have installed.

Comes with 900s in rear, 3000 total, I was thinking about 500 in steel to move around.

Like Russell said, a new Moomba anything without 1100's in the rear is almost useless for surfing unless you weigh 100 lbs. or less. I know it probably says "surf edition", but it's not until you make this change.
    2016 Moomba Craz
    2014 Chaparral H2O 21 Sport
    1997 Sea Ray 175 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by kennc View Post
    What's the worry here? Rope in the prop?

Trust us, its better to be prepared. I have a whole thread on it here somewhere from early May.

You may never need them. But the first time you do, and don't have them, you will regret that decision.
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)