Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I made a post on here awhile ago. My new Helix was apparently ordered without a depth finder??? (A serious WTF moment for us!) wanting to keep my lifetime hull warranty, and not wanting to take the boat back to our idiot dealer, we just purchased a cheap hawkeye depth sounder that has a small transducer you epoxy to the floor of the boat. Didn't really want to pay the 200 for the oem transducer (even tho the dealer quoted me at 485!) when the hawkeye system was like $80. No cutting, no modding, simple and accurate as hell!!! We then put a small 2 inch gauge pod on the dash right near the OEM screen, and wired the power into one of the spare accessory switches. Benefits included knowing the depth at all times whether the boat was on or off. Simple install. And having a large read out versus the small one on the dash. Also with this unit it has different audible alarms that you can set for various depths, keeping your prop safe and your surf wave proper! We have a intermittent alarm when we are to shallow to have an optimal surf wave, and a constant alarm when we are actually shallow. Best upgrade I could suggest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did have my dealer put a depth finder in and I think it was around d 200 bucks and we'll worth it. I do remember them saying a depth finder with temp gage wouldn't fit in helix. If you want shoot me a pm and I'll send you a pic of it. I will say that I love my dealer (premier out of gr michigan) and it's possible they gave me a great deal they always doing me a solid.

I’m not using my original radio remote so I removed it ang going to install a new depth gauge with in the hull Transducer

Quote Originally Posted by Firemedic225 View Post
    I’m not using my original radio remote so I removed it ang going to install a new depth gauge with in the hull Transducer
    What and where did you get your depth finder? My boat didn't come with one and I've been wanting to install one.
    2007 Moomba Outback V
    750's in the rear, 400 in the center and 750 IBS.