Thread: Sub not working

Default Sub not working

Hey everyone so my sub won't turn on now. I am assuming/hoping its a blown fuse. I located two fuse panel boxes to the left of under the helm that control horn, blower, ballasts, stereo, bilge, nav/dock lights. I know there is a 3rd one located somewhere because there is not one for my dash, and the cig lighter ports. I am assuming the sub is on a separate fuse than the stereo seeing the stereo works fine and that has to be on the other fuse panel box. Any idea where that fuse panel box is located. Thanks
    2013 Outback V

2013, wasnt moomba using the Kicker DX600.5 amp maybe for in-boats and woofer? At least a 5 chnl of some sort, right? If so, there is no fuse just for the woofer. Even then, the woofer amp will have a larger maxi fuse close to where the amp power wire terminates to the main switch or a BUB bar. Wont be a small automotive like fuse.

My head unit would lose power during battery change over, etc. Whenever it did I'd have to go back in and turn the subwoofer back "on". My old Aiwa receiver in the house did the same thing. Not sure why default is "off" but may be something to check in your head unit settings.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Wink happy fixing it

My subwoofer did not work today. I hoped you find the information helpful while having fun on an audio website. Finally, I found due to its a blown fuse. Changed the fuse, and works well now.
    Last edited by xlee11; 07-22-2019 at 06:53 PM.

What boat do you have? A blown fuse should be quick to find and replacing a fuse doesn't fix the original issue. It just delays it until the fuse blows again.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    What boat do you have? A blown fuse should be quick to find and replacing a fuse doesn't fix the original issue. It just delays it until the fuse blows again.
    Thank you, you are right, I shall find what causes it.