Default Magic number for paddle size on diy suck gate?

I'm finally getting around to making my permanent suck gate. I have my cutting boards all cut up ready to trim to proper size.

Does anyone have the magic number for paddle size that works best on the lsv or does any disturbance in the wake on one side help?

This is what mine looks like, might not be optimum as it's the only dimensions I've tried but the wave is pretty good.

sg_1.jpgsg2.jpgsg3.jpgsurfwave.jpg

Also the picture showing it at 90 degrees is what I started with, it kept bending back so I added some supports and it's more like 60 degrees now.
    2011 Mobius LSV
    2005 Mobius LS (sold)

This question may be like asking what kind of oil to use . This is the first one I made so I just stuck with it. I am hoping for other numbers to be posted also. I am thinking I could attach larger blades to mine to see if it makes a difference. Mine is working well but there may be better numbers out there.
    Starting at the bottom 7" tapering to 6" at the top with a height of 9". Mine is also slanted back 60* as well.
    I made it from wood thinking it would be a trial gate but I am still running it for a second season and still solid.

2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Not sure how magic this is but here's mine:

Also my Mark I version. Haven't changed anything yet and performs well. I still list to the surf side a little and mount about 1" under the water surface.

On the angle I just made a best guess.

Results are satisfying.

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...