Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Tell me about that EQ you got there! What woofer is that, what amp is driving it. How its tuned and how the in-boats are tunes, can effect how even the best woofer, sounds as a complete package.

With the new Wet Sounds Revo-12FA, this is a honest solution to consider.
    The sub is a kenwood that came with the boat. I'll try to track down the model number tomorrow. The eq is the Krypt knock off. We threw it in a few years ago for the microphone. The sub is pushed by a kicker 700.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom

Ok, so that krypt EQ was the pre-WS/SQ version so it has the woofer volume tied to the in-boat lever and woofer boost/Hz knob, right? Plays a role in it for sure.

That Kicker ZX700.5 can deliver 400+ on the woofer chnls, so its got some room to upgrade a woofer.

I doubt that woofer is in an ideal alignment just bolted through the hull. This will certainly impact its performance and SQ.

Yes, that is correct on the eq.

I went and pulled the sub out of curiosity. The sub is a Kenwood KFC-W2512. Which is funny because the instructions that came with the boat are not for that sub. This is how it came wired from the factory. I never really messed with it.

20170628_170736484_iOS.jpg 20170628_170724351_iOS.jpg 20170628_172842126_iOS.jpg
    340HP CAT/ETX
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform

Google comes back with that woofer as a 10". Looks like it as well. Its also a single 2 ohm, so its only getting 200W rms from the amp.

If you are up to the challenge of building an enclosure, pretty much sky's the limits. Tons of good 12" woofers out there that would do well with the amp's available 420W rms. Just get a woofer that will yeild a final 2 ohm impedance.

If you are looking for a much less involved upgrade, go with the Wet Sounds Revo-12FA 2 ohm. Just open the hole up, mount the woofer and re-tune the system. This gives a woofer designed for an IB application, larger woofer and one that gets a huge bump in wattage.

What is the best type of saw to cut through that fiberglass if I wanted to open up that hole? Jigsaw? Reciprocating Saw? Other? What do you pros use?
    340HP CAT/ETX