Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Good photos of amplifier wiring/inputs/outputs would be a good start. Typical description of incorrectly bridged.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Just a thought, but have you confirmed the mid-bass driver are working by sight and feel. Does the amp have a 1X/10X switch? if so, whats its position.
    That's what I'm thinking. They cooked the vc on the driver's.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

They are bridged correctly , the mid driver is working we are on the water now so far the best way to get the best sound quality was to turn the amp to 50 hz , they do sound amazing when the boat is 30 plus feet away ,I believe the lc2i is part of the problem, we are definitely sounding better with the amp at 50 hz for whatever reason, it is more fluent,and not so high pitched
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

I believe the lc2i is part of the problem
    Swap the RCAs at the back of the head unit and see how the system sounds then.

A picture of how the amp is now ,the service out here sucks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    They are bridged correctly , the mid driver is working we are on the water now so far the best way to get the best sound quality was to turn the amp to 50 hz , they do sound amazing when the boat is 30 plus feet away ,I believe the lc2i is part of the problem, we are definitely sounding better with the amp at 50 hz for whatever reason, it is more fluent,and not so high pitched
    Looking at your photo, I'm still questioning whether the amplifier is bridged correctly. All four inputs need to be populated, as they are. For all four inputs to be functional, the input selector must be in the 4-chnl. mode. Otherwise, you have an asymmetrical signal and distortion, not to mention bright. I see four RCAs but they must be 'Y'd off in the correct manner and off just two source unit outputs so that L & R are not mixed. So I'm also curious as to the RCA source origin.

50 Hz HP? Not unless the amplifier input section is an octave off, which I guess could be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by David Analog View Post
    Looking at your photo, I'm still questioning whether the amplifier is bridged correctly. All four inputs need to be populated, as they are. For all four inputs to be functional, the input selector must be in the 4-chnl. mode. Otherwise, you have an asymmetrical signal and distortion, not to mention bright. I see four RCAs but they must be 'Y'd off in the correct manner and off just two source unit outputs so that L & R are not mixed. So I'm also curious as to the RCA source origin.

50 Hz HP? Not unless the amplifier input section is an octave off, which I guess could be possible.
    Thanks for all the help David and everyone , the RCA are Y'd , they are correct , I did put the amp back to 4ch , switched it during the trouble shooting, when we swicthed the RCA to come directly off the head unit , instead of the lc2i , it toned it down quite a bit , still could not go over 80hz on the amp , the other issue is the type of music , for country they sound amazing , with the hard Rock , leaving at the 50hz seems to keep it where it sounds really good, got a lot better vocals and midbass , not the over powering treble , and screaming that Slipknot and five finger do , , but in all phases of playing with it at the 30 to 70 feet range they did sound amazing , and the RCA soure is the lc2i that takes the high level outputs to rcas , since the fusion hu only has 2 rca outputs
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    Thanks for all the help David and everyone , the RCA are Y'd , they are correct , I did put the amp back to 4ch , switched it during the trouble shooting, when we swicthed the RCA to come directly off the head unit , instead of the lc2i , it toned it down quite a bit , still could not go over 80hz on the amp , the other issue is the type of music , for country they sound amazing , with the hard Rock , leaving at the 50hz seems to keep it where it sounds really good, got a lot better vocals and midbass , not the over powering treble , and screaming that Slipknot and five finger do , , but in all phases of playing with it at the 30 to 70 feet range they did sound amazing , and the RCA soure is the lc2i that takes the high level outputs to rcas , since the fusion hu only has 2 rca outputs
    Hopefully you heard a distinct difference when you went from 2-chnl. to 4-chnl. on the input. 4-chnl. with 'Y's provides a discrete L channel for front and a discrete R channel for rear when bridged, which is the goal. 2-chnl. combines L & R at the speaker voice coils which sounds like....(well, not good).

If you can hear a difference between 50 Hz HP and 80 HP on a tower speaker/pod then that is amazing. Or, the front end of the RF amplifier is garbage. I say this because most any really good 10-inch sealed subwoofer is already at half power (- 3dB) at 50 Hz. So what do you think a tower speaker is doing?

Beyond the true dual zone equalization (two EQs in one unit), another reason to add an EQ, like a Wetsounds WS420 for example, is to improve the voltage going into the amplifier. Having to split the RCAs on a HU with modest output voltage may introduce some clipping, unless the amplifier input gains are set inordinately sensitive, which is to be avoided.
    Last edited by David Analog; 06-26-2017 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Analog View Post
    Hopefully you heard a distinct difference when you went from 2-chnl. to 4-chnl. on the input. 4-chnl. with 'Y's provides a discrete L channel for front and a discrete R channel for rear when bridged, which is the goal. 2-chnl. combines L & R at the speaker voice coils which sounds like....(well, not good).

If you can hear a difference between 50 Hz HP and 80 HP on a tower speaker/pod then that is amazing. Or, the front end of the RF amplifier is garbage. I say this because most any really good 10-inch sealed subwoofer is already at half power (- 3dB) at 50 Hz. So what do you think a tower speaker is doing?

Beyond the true dual zone equalization (two EQs in one unit), another reason to add an EQ, like a Wetsounds WS420 for example, is to improve the voltage going into the amplifier. Having to split the RCAs on a HU with modest output voltage may introduce some clipping, unless the amplifier input gains are set inordinately sensitive, which is to be avoided.
    The difference in the 80hz to 50hz wasn't hard to notice with some of the songs we played , with the country that we played , could go up to 100hz and the country music was a good sound . 50hz just seem to be the happy point for the the Rock music at the volumes needed for surfing,
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Will look into a different way for the zone control , was trying to keep it very simple for when people besides myself drive and I want tunes , but seems like the lc2i might be exaggerating the highs to much , and yes did notice the difference between 2ch and 4ch ,
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds