Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

bypass the lc21 and see how it sounds. what is the real purpose of the lc21?

I have been thoroughly impressed with the rev 10 I have heard on different boats.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    bypass the lc21 and see how it sounds. what is the real purpose of the lc21?

I have been thoroughly impressed with the rev 10 I have heard on different boats.
    The lci2 takes the speaker outputs and turns it to an RCA out put when we did bypass it , it did do better , they sound amazing when 30plus feet away , just when surfing in order to hear them we had to turn it up louder than when wakeboard distance, our sound was pretty similar to a mojo pro at distance, when running amp at 50 hz , gonna ditch the lc2i and do something different there , will be a week or two before can test more ,
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

I would get another amp to divide cabins sub, and then towers and a rca line controller or and eq for zone control, with two diff amp you could use zone control on HU as well

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I would get another amp to divide cabins sub, and then towers and a rca line controller or and eq for zone control, with two diff amp you could use zone control on HU as well
    We're using a 400.4 for cabins, that utilities one RCA from hu , a 300.1for the sub that utilities the last RCA from hu , and a 600.4for towers that utilities the speaker outputs through the lc21, that let's have cabins and sub on hu zone 1 and towers on zone 2 , and the sub has remote level control , if I have towers and sub on zone 1 when park and listen towers have to be on to get sub, only want cabins and sub when we park ,
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

ok you got plenty of amps, what head unit is it?

you could us a pac lc1 to fade the towers on and off with a y coming from one of the RCA outputs
    https://www.amazon.com/PAC-LC-1-Remo.../dp/B0002J226O

I use it to separate my cabins from my bow speakers when the kids do want to hear our music .

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

ok you got plenty of amps, what head unit is it?

you could us a pac lc1 to fade the towers on and off with a y coming from one of the RCA outputs
    https://www.amazon.com/PAC-LC-1-Remo.../dp/B0002J226O

I use it to separate my cabins from my bow speakers when the kids do want to hear our music .
    It's the fusion hu that came with the boat ,
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

The Fusion 205 is my least favorite head unit because it only has one pair of full-range RCA outs, yet is has 2 zone plus woofer level. The dual zone volume cannot work properly unless you put in a hi to low converter and get ALL the speakers on external amps. The OP has done this with the audio control unit, but seems it may be inducing some unwanted attenuation.

Ive used the Kicker KIS-LOC as well as had experience with the Fusion passive converter. Both work well and do not seem to alter the tone. I like the active KIS-LOK for amps that might not want to see a hi level input thats simply converted to an RCA plug.

The other issue is that I dont think the 205 allows for independent EQ'ing of the zones. So if you tweak the EQ for a warmer tower sound, you are also effecting the in-boats. This is where an EQ like the WS-420SQ is the ticket, over anything else. A basic dual zone line driver like the Kicker ZXM-RLC will solve the single RCA output issue without splitting RCAs, but it does not solve the tone tweaking.

With certainty, the LC2i should be removed and has no business being in the tower speaker circuit, if it ever was. Btw, any attempt to equalize low bass into a tower speaker will result in serious distortion and the tower amplifier falling hard on its face.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    The Fusion 205 is my least favorite head unit because it only has one pair of full-range RCA outs, yet is has 2 zone plus woofer level. The dual zone volume cannot work properly unless you put in a hi to low converter and get ALL the speakers on external amps. The OP has done this with the audio control unit, but seems it may be inducing some unwanted attenuation.

Ive used the Kicker KIS-LOC as well as had experience with the Fusion passive converter. Both work well and do not seem to alter the tone. I like the active KIS-LOK for amps that might not want to see a hi level input thats simply converted to an RCA plug.

The other issue is that I dont think the 205 allows for independent EQ'ing of the zones. So if you tweak the EQ for a warmer tower sound, you are also effecting the in-boats. This is where an EQ like the WS-420SQ is the ticket, over anything else. A basic dual zone line driver like the Kicker ZXM-RLC will solve the single RCA output issue without splitting RCAs, but it does not solve the tone tweaking.
    No there is no independent eq with the hu ,and the single high level RCA is a drag with it as well will ditch the lc2i go a different route for the the zone control , like stated before though , our sound beyond 30 feet is amazing sounds just as good as a full dealer installed wetsounds system , and with boat off on the platform they sound amazing , but to hear them while surfing the volume has to be turned up to point of crazy, but to wakeboard we can run at 3/4 or less with awesome sound , it's like there is a 10 foot dead space behind the boat, I do not have the fae yet but the boat is not that loud, might not make sense but thanks for all the help everyone ,
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

An update for this, the lc2i was affecting the tone , it seems to exaggerate the high / treble, was able to change the set up around and actually re go through the amp set up , and with the wetsounds coming directly off the head unit RCA they are doing as expected without having to run the amp at 50hz , it is around 80hz a little over and they are not over powering with treble, with the cabins going through the lc21 you can tell the exaggerated high level, still need to test on the water as the neighbors don't care for loud music , but other than figuring out a different way for zone control or trying the KIS-LOC to replace the lc2i we are on the right track now
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds