Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Fresh Air Exhaust -- Group Buy Postponed Till December 2017

My wife is going to get me the FAE for my birthday. I've wanted this thing for years. Last time there was a group buy on here I think we got $50 off and up to $70 if we got enough buyers. Please let me know if you have interest. I have a call in to Christina. I'll post up the details shorty if this is going to be a go. I'll be placing my order when they call me back today.

Here's a link to their site:

http://www.freshairexhaust.com

Also, anyone with helpful tips, raves, etc., please share your advice, etc. Thanks!

EDIT * * * * * * * * * * This will happen in the off season. You can order your FAE now or in December when we do the group buy. * * * * * * * * * *
    Last edited by kaneboats; 06-23-2017 at 03:48 PM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I might be interested, I have been trying to research how it does with the new raptor motors and haven't found anything yet. Can anyone chime in with positives or negatives for the raptor (400 torque version ideally)? I have seen a picture with a FAE installed on a newer Moomba and its not the prettiest but if it cuts down the noise I might be on board.
    2016 Craz

Does it have to be for a moomba?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, but keep it quiet around here unless it is a Supra.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcjimmy33 View Post
    I might be interested, I have been trying to research how it does with the new raptor motors and haven't found anything yet. Can anyone chime in with positives or negatives for the raptor (400 torque version ideally)? I have seen a picture with a FAE installed on a newer Moomba and its not the prettiest but if it cuts down the noise I might be on board.
    These are engineered to be completely compatible with the engine. it doesn't void your warranty, also it doesn't cause any extra restriction to the exhaust, otherwise it would void the warranty. I have been running them for 7 years on 2 different boats. Trust me when I say its one of the best up-gades you can make to the boat, not only does it lower the exhaust sound and make it so much more enjoyable in the cabin, its a HUGE safety upgrade for your surfers and if you have people who like to sit on the back of the boat. (illegal in most states but not all)

What I would add, for people with the slightly older Moomba, Supra if it has Plastic Exhaust flanges that you use screws to attach the rubber sleeve from the FAE to the boat.

This actually started with me, and FAE now recommends officially that you do this. I almost lost my first FAE because of this. They give you aluminum rings to go in the plastic exhaust flange but these still tend to slip over time.

My other tip would be pay the extra for the quick release setup on the FAE. You might think you will never need to remove it but if you ever need to remove the swim deck, you will have to remove the FAE as well.

They have an option now for a Flapper I think they call it, its a small flap in the FAE that closes when a wave pushes on the back of the boat so water doesn't go back into your exhaust system.

Unless you tie up a lot, or leave the boat in the water a lot this isn't a big deal to have.

I do have it on mine, at the time FAE added it to my system because I help promote them so much, now that I have my lake house I am thankful I have it.

I personally would not do the powder coating option, I had my first one in Black and over time it started peeling back from the pipes. I have stainless and its no much nicer.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I might be interested. Lots of wants, but the more I surf I think this is becoming a necessity.
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR192.... Long gone

Quote Originally Posted by CFD3Captain View Post
    I might be interested. Lots of wants, but the more I surf I think this is becoming a necessity.
    When we got the 13 Mojo because it has Cats I figured we wouldn't need it, after a couple times out, Claudia and my best bro were complaining of headachs. I ordered mine right then.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

When I run the sukgate and the boat is more level I can see the steam in the exhaust going right into the riders face sometimes. That's enough for me. Don't recall that happening before but I'm not going back cuz I love the surf wave. This should take care of that problem.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

If you give me a chance to rave about my FAE I will. What Mandley said above. I got mine with the flapper but without the quick release. After kicking myself for a couple of years I just installed the quick release. I rarely remove the platform but for cleaning and so on it is an easy job now.

I no longer have people complaining about headaches and feeling crappy after our long 4 hour surf sessions.

I think they are off on their noise reduction figures, I find it to be BETTER than what they say. I can now hear the chop hitting against the hull and we can have conversations in close to normal voices. It makes teaching easier because we can communicate with the surfer much easier now.

Install was easy and now in my 3rd season it still looks like brand new. Apart from surf upgrades it is the best upgrade I have done. I really can't say enough.
    Larry made sure I had my quick release upgrade quickly. I had my boat taken apart and waiting another week would have meant putting it back together and having to redo it again because of my schedule. Huge time saver on that part. I didn't even ask for a quick turn but it came up in conversation and he said he would take care of it.

Not affiliated, just a very happy customer!
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    When I run the sukgate and the boat is more level I can see the steam in the exhaust going right into the riders face sometimes. That's enough for me. Don't recall that happening before but I'm not going back cuz I love the surf wave. This should take care of that problem.
    Yup the down pipe is more then long enough you wont have that issue. I have had the Mojo almost on the rub rail and never had a problem lol.
    [COLOR="#696969"]