Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Anybody know what the difference is between normal mount and side mount? The pictures on their site show side mount as mounting across the platform brackets but a few inches below the platform. But, there's no pic showing where the normal mount goes. They say you have to take the brackets off the platform so I assume you drill down through the top and then reattach to the platform. But, isn't there a high spot where the bolt head goes? Seems like the side mount is a much better system. Does it work with the quick release clamps. If so, I'll sent them some much better pics when mine is done and also post an instructional here and on wakegarage.com.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Yes, I want in on a raptor group buy. Let's make this happen

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition
    6.2L Raptor power
    1100's and Flow
    Acme 1847

2003 Wakesetter xTi - sold

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Anybody know what the difference is between normal mount and side mount? The pictures on their site show side mount as mounting across the platform brackets but a few inches below the platform. But, there's no pic showing where the normal mount goes. They say you have to take the brackets off the platform so I assume you drill down through the top and then reattach to the platform. But, isn't there a high spot where the bolt head goes? Seems like the side mount is a much better system. Does it work with the quick release clamps. If so, I'll sent them some much better pics when mine is done and also post an instructional here and on wakegarage.com.
    The side mount mounts with a cross bar to the insides of the brackets. From there two bolts come up from the FAE and mount to the bar. Either way the bolts come up from the FAE but it depends where you want them to mount.
    I opted for the side mount because it made a lot more sense to me and was easy to do. You don't see the mounting system anyway since it is so close to the platform unless it is on a trailer. It is all stainless so it looks fine.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Sorry, guys! This is not a go at this time. They are swamped right now. I told them I would set one up in the winter time. So, everybody start saving up. In the meantime I'll post a nice tutorial and some video of my install and results.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Please add me to the list buy one. I have 2015 SE450 Supra 25ft.

Please add me to the list as well. I have a 2017 SA400.

Thanks.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

We have all the parts for this. Planning to install this weekend. Will report back.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

It took a long time to get it done and somehow shipped with a couple of parts missing but I have it installed. I have not done the write up yet and all the pics are still on my phone except for the one below. I have to get out this weekend and test it but here's a preview pic. Mine is the "Y" pipe with the side mount and the quick release. I am ordering better pins for both the platform and the quick release so it's easier to get the platform off as we remove every time we come home.

It looks fantastic. Can't wait to test it out this w/e.

FAE.jpg
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

We installed and test-surfed ours this weekend. It took us roughly 6 hours to install as we made a few errors along the way.

The end result is a tremendous difference. Less sound from the exhaust pipes is very obvious and great, but for me, being able to stand or sit right on the back of the boat and either watch or coach is a huge quality of life difference well worth the investment.

Here's a few shot of the finished install:
    IMG_1740.jpg
    IMG_1741.jpg
    IMG_1742.jpg
    http://imgur.com/a/rYGXd
    Last edited by Hayden; 07-31-2017 at 12:24 AM.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Hayden, what was your "Z" measurement when you were all done?

Mine ended up just a bit longer than specified (end of down pipe a couple inches higher than center of prop). You can't tell from pics and it works perfectly. I think the fact the boat runs nose high ends up putting the exhaust right in the center of the wash anyway.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!