Default Wake shaper on direct drive

Got an 07 möbius. Got into wake surfing and love it. I have the 2 ballast in back and 1 in the middle. Last year I bought 2 fat sacs and it helped. We were able to throw rope. Sweet spot was small but it was there.
    I bought a wake shaper and decided to give it a try. I'm trying to figure out exactly where to mount it and if I should weigh the boat down. Anyone have experience?

Yes. I had one on my 2004 Möbius LS DD. Put it as far back as you can on the non surf side and try and bias the ballast in the boat so that you have 100% weight on surf side and 50% on non-surf side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I surf my 08 outback dd and love it. For weight Im running 1200 lbs in the rear. I got rid of the factory bag which was 380 lbs under the rear seat and replaced it with a W710 fat sac. Then-and this is key- I plumbed in an IBS 750 lb bag. Forward weight is huge on the direct drives as this lengthens the pocket. I run a home built suck gate on the non surf side and this eliminates the need for surf side bias weight. Ive also made my own swim platform and fabbed up some stainless brackets which I made 2 inches taller than the factory ones. My factory platform was scrubbing the wake with all the added ballast so this was a must. You can check out my thread by searching IBS VENTING ??S and it should come up.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Outback LS
    325 Indmar Assault MPI
    Gravity 1 Ballast with IBS

Just make sure your shaper is actually in the water when you are listed. If not, balance the load a bit so it can break up the off-side wake. Enjoy!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Yes. Adding a front IBS is key!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I surf my 08 outback dd and love it.