Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Enzo's vs. Lead

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I would never do this but I have the older LSV and can get a darn good wave with water ballast, people and a sukg8. If I had a Mojo I would probably consider it though. Then again, I trailer about 45 min. each way to the lake. If that is not a consideration then why not?
    We trailer 2 hours! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Single axle, baby! And equipment, etc. for 6 kids. Plus beer for me for a day (I do usually keep the cooler in the truck till we get to the ramp. Have a guy with a forklift to get it up over the gunwale for me just to be safe.)
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    I just added 500 lbs of lead weight from wakeballast.com and I have the 1100 rear bags in my 2016 Mojo. I put 300 lbs under the port side rear bag and the other 200 in the nose on the port side under the bag up front and lost zero storage space. The bags do not take up any space, they lay almost completely flat...thumbs up on them!!
    Don't you get tired of the boat listing all the time, whether surfing or not, with all that weight on the port side??
    2017 Mojo (sold)
    2005 Moomba XLV (sold)

Jbird I agree. It's work but I move mine around. Put it all on surf side when surfing but then distribute evenly when not. Takes 1 minute while water bags are draining to move around. Kids usually enjoy jumping in while I put up surfboard etc and move bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

I've had 400lb of lead since the first season in 13.

With my golf cart batteries, stereo all on the same side my boat would list starboard when no one was in the boat.

I use the lead to balance the boat so it sits evenly in the water. I have never really noticed a big difference in the boats handling or performance.

Now this does cause a little concern for my tongue weight but I only have 160lbs in front of the sub on the drivers side.

Then I have 120lbs on the port side right in front of my bag and then the last 120 on the starboard side in front of that bag.

Trailering the boat doesn't seem any different, you just put the trailer in a little deeper is all. By bow rubbed the bow roller since day 1 so I don't think my lead is creating more of a problem there.

As Kaneboats mentioned, he needs a forklift to load his beer cooler. I used to have 3 or 4 strapping young men load those coolers LOL. Now its just me and the wife, I can manage to get it loaded. I take a case a day to the dock and by the weekend I am set LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

David, you think there'd be any concerns about lead weight and getting thru the cut at at Bethy Creek?
    2016 Craz

Don't you get tired of the boat listing all the time, whether surfing or not, with all that weight on the port side??
    I leave the 300 under the port side bag at all times and I move the 200 from the nose back into the starboard rear locker when we are done surfing. We usually surf 1st thing early in the morning before it gets too busy. I start filling the bags when I pull off the trailer. Adults and kids surf, then I start to empty the bags and pull the lead bags from the front into the rear starboard locker. We usually hit party cove and hangout for a few hours have a few beers, have lunch, let the kids swim then do the reverse and surf around sunset time when the water gets smoother. It takes 2 minutes while the kids jump in, take a whiz, wife grabs me a beer etc. The 100 pound difference on one side doesn't cause the boat to list anymore then having all the heavier dads on one side of the boat and the wives on the other while cruising to party cove or wherever.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

we have the same plan.

One could always remove the weight and place it in your truck bed or whatever while towing or if you are not going to be boarding or surfing. I am on a lift, I remove mine before hoisting the boat up. Bow weight is great on the Mojo and most boats, water type ballast bags sitting on top of everything, not so much.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Remove your rear panels and hide a couple hundred pounds on the floor directly under where your ballast pumps are mounted. You won't lose any storage.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.