Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enzo's vs. Lead

Default Enzo's vs. Lead

My Mojo came stock with 900's in the rear and even though I can surf all day ropeless I'm thinking about upgrading. I was considering upgrading to 1450's (Enzos) but I really don't like the idea of losing all that storage space under the seats. I'm seriously considering placing a couple hundred pounds of lead or steel weights in front of each stock bag. Would this take up any less space under the seats than the Enzos? I know I'd never get to 1450 on each side but it might be a good compromise. Also, do you think I'd notice 400#'s of lead when I'm ripping around or trailering? Never used the stuff so any advice is appreciated.
    2017 Mojo (sold)
    2005 Moomba XLV (sold)

Following, we have the same plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

do you have nose weight, start there..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default Enzo's vs. Lead

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    My Mojo came stock with 900's in the rear and even though I can surf all day ropeless I'm thinking about upgrading. I was considering upgrading to 1450's (Enzos) but I really don't like the idea of losing all that storage space under the seats. I'm seriously considering placing a couple hundred pounds of lead or steel weights in front of each stock bag. Would this take up any less space under the seats than the Enzos? I know I'd never get to 1450 on each side but it might be a good compromise. Also, do you think I'd notice 400#'s of lead when I'm ripping around or trailering? Never used the stuff so any advice is appreciated.
    You can add lead under the existing 900lb bags and lose NO additional space. You can easily put 200lbs under the bags on each side. Then if you need more then add a couple of hundred more in front of the bags. You will lose very little space. Most of your lead bags are less than 2 inches thick.

Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

You might feel the weight trailering. Not really on water just cruising. That's like 2 extra people.

2017 Supra SA

I just added 500 lbs of lead weight from wakeballast.com and I have the 1100 rear bags in my 2016 Mojo. I put 300 lbs under the port side rear bag and the other 200 in the nose on the port side under the bag up front and lost zero storage space. The bags do not take up any space, they lay almost completely flat...thumbs up on them!!
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

I got 500lbs this year and love it. Right now I have 150 placed underneath passenger seat starboard side and 350 on port side. This way when I Wakeboard I can move 100 lbs to the other side easily

2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Default Enzo's vs. Lead

I have about 600lb of lead in my boat mostly towards the bow of the boat. It takes up very little space, but I do notice it on the trailer, quite a bit more tongue weight and it can make getting the boat on and off the trailer a bit more challenging cause it rides the nose roller a lot more than with out the bow weight. I wouldn't say it's a problem but rather just something to be aware of when taking the boat on and off the trailer.
    Rusty

2013 Mojo

I was thinking 300-400 lbs split evenly under both rear ballast bags in our 16 Mojo

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I would never do this but I have the older LSV and can get a darn good wave with water ballast, people and a sukg8. If I had a Mojo I would probably consider it though. Then again, I trailer about 45 min. each way to the lake. If that is not a consideration then why not?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!