Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Question 2017 Mojo Settings

Hello all,

We've recently purchased a new 2017 Mojo with the surf package. As first time surfers, we had someone with a bunch more knowledge help us out setting up the boat and teaching us how to surf. I'd like to confirm settings - make sure I am doing everything right!

For starters, I am 5'10" and weigh nearly 200lbs. We set the ballast to 100/65/100, as we had surfers on both sides (I surf on passenger side of the boat, left foot forward). As I said, we are just beginning, however the only spot that I could really surf without getting pulled along was right up behind the boat - board within inches to a couple of feet from the platform. As a beginner, is this typical? I certainly had a bunch of rope in my hand!

Also, rope length. we have a 20ft rope, should I be using all of this, or shorter it by a length to 17ft? A little less rope hanging in my hand would be a good thing at this point!

Thanks!

I'm guessing even with the surf package you got the small 650 bags. I got the Craz surf edition and it had the same puny 650's.

You NEED 1100's, especially in the Mojo as that has a huge hull that you need to displace to generate a big wave; but all the new Moombas need them to maximize the surf wave. When you upgrade to 1100's you will also need two sets of the engine panel stiffeners, as they will press onto the panels and cause them to bow and touch the engine, and could damage the spark plugs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

What Stazi says , the surf edition only comes with the extra bow sac , need 1100 or better in the rear lockers , we did a demo on a mojo surf with and knowing how to surf , by the platform was the only way to go ropless, you could try only filling then bow 40 % might give you a little more push until you can upgrade the rears
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

And if you can swing for the Enzo bags even better although they do extend under the side seats on both side a bit so you will lose some storage space if that is a concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    And if you can swing for the Enzo bags even better although they do extend under the side seats on both side a bit so you will lose some storage space if that is a concern.

This is a bit of an under statement. You lose virtually all under seat cabin storage with the Enzo's

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    This is a bit of an under statement. You lose virtually all under seat cabin storage with the Enzo's

I can attest to this statement. I have Enzo's and there is no room under seats when bag is full
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

I have the surf edition with upgraded rears to 1100'S. I was still struggling to get any push and frustrated to heck. 2 weeks ago I was surfing with my buddy and we were trying many different settings, listing the boat, etc, to no avail. At some point during this I must have set the front ballast to empty. We also had the starboard side surf plate to 100%. My buddy gets to surfing and we notice the wave to be very high and steep. Lots of push and he was able to surf way back in the wave, where the wave curls and makes the sharp turn sideways. It was great, we were at a loss as to what happened. Then I realized the bow of the boat was riding real high, look at the front ballast and it was empty. Unfortunately I never got to ride the wave. He tried a 360 and somehow he fell and the board popped up and hit him on his wrist. It was not good. He's better now luckily, but that ended our surf session for that day. (You might be thinking, so what just the wrist, but, you should have seen his wrist!). Weather's been crappy and haven't been able to ride my new found wave.
    Anyway, get 1100's and start with 25% front ballast and fill from there until you find the sweet spot where you have the best push without sacrificing too much length.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

I have found that if you move the surf plates to 100% its actually too much and causes the rear of the boat to lift too much and reduce the size of the wave. Any more than 70-75% and the wave starts to shrink in my experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Anyone have the 15x13 prop and what kind of top speed do you get with it? I don't see us getting much over 30 mph with that bad boy

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default 2017 Mojo Settings

Yeah I have the OJ 945. 30-31 tops but I don't care. It does the job of hauling ass with ballast.

2017 Moomba Craz