Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2017 Moomba Helix

I don't know why this boat isn't talked about more with his wake and wave. It's on the smaller end but it will give the other Moomba's a run for their money. This is my favorite wake and wave of all the other models. Using just stock ballast this boat will catch anybody attention. For everything we ran 100% full instead of light on the non surf side. I will have a full write up soon...
    Helix11.jpg Helix12.jpg Helix13.jpg
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

I love my Helix
    boat.jpg

I love my Helix
    I was blown away with the wake board wake!
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba

Such a great boat!! The Helix is awesome

With just stock ballast the wake was throwing my boy. I should get some pretty good riders behind it this weekend and see what they think about the wake also. For me the Helix is the choice of boat even though it's only 20'. Storage is out of this world also...
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba

started in a skiers choice 20ft and all the wakeboard comments were amazing. the dealership in boise that I traded 'er into kept the boat for the rest of the summer as their downtime wakeboard boat for the employees. that told me something of skiers ability to make a smaller wakeboat.
    surfwake was good sized with push but like most 20ft boats, tougher to get length than a 22ft.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

started in a skiers choice 20ft and all the wakeboard comments were amazing. the dealership in boise that I traded 'er into kept the boat for the rest of the summer as their downtime wakeboard boat for the employees. that told me something of skiers ability to make a smaller wakeboat.
    surfwake was good sized with push but like most 20ft boats, tougher to get length than a 22ft.
    Seen some of the biggest tricks thrown this weekend behind the Helix. My buddy rides at 25.3 and we needed more bow weight to get it from porpoising and it was legit. Great to hear more feedback that the Helix is a core riders wake out of the box. Depending on the crew the next time out we are going to play a little more with added weight and see how it goes. Most were riding at 23-23.5 and no problem with porpoising and left a nice steep wake. Biggest I have seen my boy take his HS air's out to the flats and almost got is W2W TS air.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba

I've ridden a helix and the wake is great like you said. I think a lot of people are turned off with the smaller hull length even though it's still got tons of storage. It's def an amazing value.

I think Moomba needs to make a 23' version of the Helix. That would be super rad.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I think a lot of people are turned off with the smaller hull length even though it's still got tons of storage
    At 20.5' I get a lot of "too small" comments until I have them in the boat and really show them. Just talked with another guy that surfed a Helix with stock ballast and he was blown away with it. I like to call the Helix the sleeper of the Moomba line.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba

I love mine. I love that some of the standard parts on our helix's are not even options on some of the higher end boats. No complaints on the size, outside of the beam. Wish it was a tad bit wider. When we surf we seem to always get splashed with tons of water in the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk