Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hot sauce on windshield

I have accumulated some good water spots on windshield lately. Hot sauce works great on boat. Any reason why it should not be used on windshield?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    I have accumulated some good water spots on windshield lately. Hot sauce works great on boat. Any reason why it should not be used on windshield?

Just use vinegar and water, it clear the windows way better than hot sauce.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

After I wipe the boat down with Hot Sauce I usually hand Ash the towel I used and she wipes down the outside of our glass that way.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    After I wipe the boat down with Hot Sauce I usually hand Ash the towel I used and she wipes down the outside of our glass that way.
    Awesome. Thanks. Will Ash wipe my windshield down?

2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Awesome. Thanks. Will Ash wipe my windshield down?

Is that what you call it these days?
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    Just use vinegar and water, it clear the windows way better than hot sauce.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    I second this. We had Nasty water spots, on windows and the black boat - I mean nasty! Hot sauce worked well, but now one locally sells it so I always ordered online for a pretty penny after shipping. Someone at my local launch suggested 1/3 parts vinegar 2/3 parts water, I laughed at him, but told him I'd try it. OMG - worked 10x better then hot sauce! Put in a spray bottle, sprayed on boat, let sit a minute, wiped of - not a single spot! Vinegar scent is gone in a few minutes. Every now and then I throw a quick flagship spray wax on, dealer look!!! I liked the results so much I bought a soap mixing hose sprayer. Fill it with vinegar, and a very small amount of boat soap, and just spray the water spot black boat down and wipe clean. When I'm done with boat I use that damp towel on windows and spots disappear that have been on there for days! Nothing beats a 30 cent gallon of water spot remover.

Best pic I could find of the water spots we had after a few outings.

After a simple vinegar and water mist and wipe down. No wax or buffing. Just the wipe!

Shits Magical!

Vinegar/water mix is great for cleaning, but it will remove all the wax as well. Pretty important to re-wax whenever you use vinegar. That is why I only use it once in a while
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    Vinegar/water mix is great for cleaning, but it will remove all the wax as well. Pretty important to re-wax whenever you use vinegar. That is why I only use it once in a while
    Yeah I always put something on after vinegar. But it's worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by s281cheddar View Post
    I second this. We had Nasty water spots, on windows and the black boat - I mean nasty! Hot sauce worked well, but now one locally sells it so I always ordered online for a pretty penny after shipping. Someone at my local launch suggested 1/3 parts vinegar 2/3 parts water, I laughed at him, but told him I'd try it. OMG - worked 10x better then hot sauce! Put in a spray bottle, sprayed on boat, let sit a minute, wiped of - not a single spot! Vinegar scent is gone in a few minutes. Every now and then I throw a quick flagship spray wax on, dealer look!!! I liked the results so much I bought a soap mixing hose sprayer. Fill it with vinegar, and a very small amount of boat soap, and just spray the water spot black boat down and wipe clean. When I'm done with boat I use that damp towel on windows and spots disappear that have been on there for days! Nothing beats a 30 cent gallon of water spot remover.

Amazon prime my friend

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD