Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2016 Helix Settings

I am a first time Moomba owner and have a 2016 Helix. Had it out this weekend for the first time. I have the new Auto Wake setup that was included as a dealer add on and I've ordered 1100's for the rears. I/we surf regular style.

Trying to research and read other threads but can't find too much ballast and tab info on how to produce the best wave on the Helix.

I think I read somewhere that my hull shape is different so I assume that might change my settings vs. other boats in Moomba's lineup?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is a great forum with tons of knowledge and I'm happy to be a part of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Willyourun; 06-18-2017 at 10:47 PM.

I have a 2017 Helix with auto wake and I prefer to surf using the auto wake settings. I thought that the 2016s didn't have it but if you have it, I think its pretty sweet.

10.2 normal 10.7 goofy is what I use with stock set up. I am upgrading to 1100 in the rear but they haven't arrived yet

Quote Originally Posted by jobu View Post
    I have a 2017 Helix with auto wake and I prefer to surf using the auto wake settings. I thought that the 2016s didn't have it but if you have it, I think its pretty sweet.

10.2 normal 10.7 goofy is what I use with stock set up. I am upgrading to 1100 in the rear but they haven't arrived yet
    Thanks. So you just let the Autowake set your tabs and wakeplate automatically? I just ordered 1140's too. Can't wait to learn more and experiment.

Also you can find a post on this forum by Stazi and he shows how to adjust your wake plates in auto wake mode.

Will do. Thanks

got the 1100's in this weekend and I couldn't believe how much better the ride was. I surf regular and I am a big guy 225lbs. Here are a coupe things I noticed

I don't need to use auto wake. (for stock I have been using auto wake and it was a superior)

Here is my formula for easy ropeless-ness without any extra in the crew. Bags-Port side Full, starboard 80% Front full. Plates- Port 0 Starboard 75% wake plate 10% spotter in bow.

if you have a big crew you putting people in the Bow is your first priority to lengthen the wave and really have fun

This formula was killer for me and a tremendous amount of fun

Thanks for the update. I'll try the same settings when I get my 1100's in.

My 1st post. I have 17 helix both my kids (14,13)
    Have got up and ride with no rope. When I get out there no luck.
    Everything is stock. I just got a 750 to replace the stock sac on surf side but have not installed.
    I'm 5,10 200lbs. What do I need to do to be able to ride with no rope?
    Thanks for the help.

The 1140 rears from wakemakers did it for me. You have to get the engine panel savers with them. I'm not sure if 750s will do it for you.

you can get a code off this forum or call wakemakers or they will give it to you over the phone

I'm having a hard time being able to ride with no rope. Both of my kids have got up.
    (13,14) I just bought the 750 and tried it out today. Still no luck. I'm 5.10 200. Am I missing something? Or do I have to but 1100.