Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Newbie ordering a boat do's and don't

New to the wake surfing sport and I'm order a boat for next season I'm just looking for a little input on what's a necessity and what can wait or be done aftermarket. So far I'm going with the mojo surf 2 max auto wake non skid front and rear carpet* all the light options sub and bow speaker transom remote no tower speakers or wiring Tower bimini depth finder swivel racks full cover dual battery.water strained flush kit? Not sure what it is but it sound nesseray bow filler cushion couldn't stomach the 1k for the moving rear seat should I ? Let me know what you guys would do if you were to do it again any input will be greatly appreciated thank you.

I think I read a thread similar to this already ....we really like our rear facing seat. Make sure you get the transom steps on the trailer and the steps up front are very helpful

2016 Supra SG 450
    Josh

2016 Supra SG 450
    2001 Calabria Pro V - Sold
    1987 Supra Sunsport - Sold

I would go with the rear facing seats and remove the non skid package. Gator step offers the non skid pieces made from a material that is softer and doesnt get as hot. Also I would opt out of the dual battery with a charger and do that myself afterwards, that was you can get a true deep cycle battery for the house bank.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Windscreen. And the sun deck wall over piece.

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I would go with the rear facing seats and remove the non skid package. Gator step offers the non skid pieces made from a material that is softer and doesnt get as hot. Also I would opt out of the dual battery with a charger and do that myself afterwards, that was you can get a true deep cycle battery for the house bank.
    I agree with David in regards to the non-skid floor..... I got my 2017 Mondo this past weekend and the non-skid floor gets very hot, to the point I had to sit down and lift my feet for them to cool off. The floor also seems to show water stains. I am able to wipe them away, but it doesn't take long for new ones to appear. Don't get me wrong.... the non-skid floor looks amazing, but I would have ordered it without a floor or at a minimum just have got the snap in carpet if I would have know about the 2 issues ahead of time and then looked into Gator Step or Seadeck.
    2020 Moomba Kaiyen > Finally on my lift!
    2017 Moomba Mondo > Traded
    2000 Moomba Kamberra > Traded

For GatorStep or Seadeck, especially in Texas, the only way to survive is to have a cup or bowl to reach over and pour water on the floor. It gets screaming hot, but 2 cups of water cools it down for a while.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Thanks for all the input I'm finalizing my order this weekend switching to carpet for sure

Quote Originally Posted by snowking View Post
    Thanks for all the input I'm finalizing my order this weekend switching to carpet for sure
    If you go with carpet you will have all the snaps on the floor. If you think you will go gator step then order with delete flooring.

My two cents on carpet is negative. A lot of times I am putting cover on right after trip. So carpet has to be removed or you will have a stinky boat for good!! So then carpet needs to be removed after each trip to dry. I will burn my feet over that.

One last comment. If the gator step burns my feet then I need to get in the water and ride something. That's what boats are for anyway!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Agree with Russell, my gator gets hot as can be and I wouldn't trade it for carpet at all, no way.

A quick splash and it is cool again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    If you go with carpet you will have all the snaps on the floor. If you think you will go gator step then order with delete flooring.

My two cents on carpet is negative. A lot of times I am putting cover on right after trip. So carpet has to be removed or you will have a stinky boat for good!! So then carpet needs to be removed after each trip to dry. I will burn my feet over that.

One last comment. If the gator step burns my feet then I need to get in the water and ride something. That's what boats are for anyway!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dont think you can do a floor delete. Since the carpet is standard they have to ship it with the boat if you do not do non skid, this is the same thing we ran into. We just told them to make sure they do not install the snaps. Speaking of which, if anyone is in the market for brand new carpet with snaps still in the box let me know lol.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD