Default 2016 Mondo Speaker Upgrade

Hi, I have a 2016 Mondo that came with a the standard 4 speakers in the cabin of the boat, a Kicker KX 2.0 amp, and 2 tower speakers.
    I'd like to add 2 more tower speakers, it is all pre-wired.

Can I just wire 2 new ones in and hang them up, is the amp capable of that? I have no skills in this area.

Thanks,
    Todd

I believe you'll be underpowered with the Kicker 200 watt amp. Others will chime in but will need to know more (what tower speakers, budget, etc.) before making recommendations.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Yeah, the current amp is 2 channel so I'm assuming it is just powering the 2 tower speakers and the other 4 in-cabin speakers are run straight from the head unit.
    I need to find out what the factory speakers are, I'll look at the boat this weekend.
    I think upgrading the amp might be my first project as it will be necessary regardless of what comes next. Maybe a 4-channel for the 4 tower speakers. What type fo amp would I need if I also add a subwoofer?

Thanks again.

You’ll need a bigger amp. The Kicker KX 800.5 will easily handle 6 inboats speakers (bow speaker on 2 channels, and the 4 in the cockpit on the other 2 channels) AND a sub on the remainingdedicated sub channel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

You need a bunch of other stuff more than you need a second set of tower speakers.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    You need a bunch of other stuff more than you need a second set of tower speakers.
    Indeed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

The KX200.2 wattage is as follows;

50W rms x 2 @ 4 ohm
    100W rms x 2 @ 2 ohm
    200W rms x 1 @ 4 ohm bridged.

So going from 2 to 4, they all will still receive the same 50W rms that the current pair is getting.

Yes, you can just hang the 2nd pair and wire them to the first pair. Yes, the amp is capable of powering two pair. I would suggest a matching pair though. Same type and size.

Now, is 50W a lot of power to a tower speaker? No, not even for a 6.5". It will do fine for listening at anchor, but may struggle when trying to compete with wind, water and engine noise under way.

If you do decide to upgrade the amp, id stick woth a 2 chnl for the tower speakers. It will get you more wattage for the $$$.

A 5 or 6 chnl is a great option for 2-3 pair of in-boats and a woofer. But would choose the woofer first.

Thanks everyone, Moomba sent me a list of parts that are necessary to add the tower speakers as well.
    Time for me to sit down and figure exactly what I need once I get the model#s and specs from the boat.

Thanks again.