Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thoughts on wakeboard set up??

Have only surfed for the last several years. Have some wakeboarders coming up this week. Looking for weighting and speed recommendations.
    2011 Mobius LSV, V2 Tower, 1100lbs regular side,
    750lbs goofy, 370lbs ski locker, 750lbs bow,
    flow surf (don't use it thanks to suck gate)

How ever much you choose to weight the boat, which is usually determined by the rider's skill level, a good rule of thumb is evenly distributed port to starboard and 60/40 tail/nose for your ballast. You want the wake to wash out just behind where the rider is hitting the wake. That's usually determined by rope length and speed. For example, 65' usually cleans around 22-23 mph. Slower for shorter, faster for longer. This gives the rider the best opportunity for the most lift at the wake because there will be a little lip at the top.
    When the rider is directly behind the boat you want both wakes clean. If one is washing, move the bodies in the boat to evenly distribute the weight.
    2016 Craz
    1979 Ski Nautique

What he said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Sp8 View Post
    Have only surfed for the last several years. Have some wakeboarders coming up this week. Looking for weighting and speed recommendations.
    For skilled riders, I'd say 750 full and the other side 1100 as close to matching that as possible with center and ibs full. Use the trim tab to clean it up and around 23 mph. I've only had my lsv a few months but she's temperamental to side to side weight imbalances so adjust people as needed or increase speed as needed. If new riders all ballast empty and 19 mph with trim tab down to clean it up... If still washed out some front weight will help or increase speed.
    2009 Moomba LSV

I'm riding the Mojo at 70' at 23.0 MPH. Wave is clean there if folks in boat are balanced as needed. I'm putting say 1/2 to 3/4 full in the rear 1100's and center/IBS at 50% to 75% as well.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    I'm riding the Mojo at 70' at 23.0 MPH. Wave is clean there if folks in boat are balanced as needed. I'm putting say 1/2 to 3/4 full in the rear 1100's and center/IBS at 50% to 75% as well.
    I'd like to try that bad boy out slammed!
    2016 Craz
    1979 Ski Nautique

Thanks guys. Very helpful
    2011 Mobius LSV, V2 Tower, 1100lbs regular side,
    750lbs goofy, 370lbs ski locker, 750lbs bow,
    flow surf (don't use it thanks to suck gate)

Quote Originally Posted by MMPRES View Post
    I'd like to try that bad boy out slammed!
    I'm not in your ball park in boarding abilities. But it is really a difference in getting consistent pop. I just don't have much time to hone skills with the kids getting turns on everything. I'd say it's more like 50% on the bags -- but it's plenty of wake!
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Don't know what boat you have but I like to slam my Mojo. I run full ballast back prob around 1100 each plus I have 500 lbs lead weight 250 each side. I like the wake steep so I have wakeplate all the wake up. In order to do that ibs and front tank full plus I throw my extra bag up there. We run about 23mph at 65/70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    Don't know what boat you have but I like to slam my Mojo. I run full ballast back prob around 1100 each plus I have 500 lbs lead weight 250 each side. I like the wake steep so I have wakeplate all the wake up. In order to do that ibs and front tank full plus I throw my extra bag up there. We run about 23mph at 65/70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Now that's slammed, any wake pics?
    2009 Moomba LSV