Default Exile BT remotes

Hey guys I am going to ditch my Sony headunit and remotes. I am wondering if you can link two exile media units together? Basically I want to replace both of my remotes, pair to one (exile helm) and still use the transom remote (exile rear )to control songs, volume, etc.

http://exileaudio.com/store/install-...oth/exmc1.html
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

something like this
    -Mark
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Does not look like it from the manual.

http://www.exileaudio.com/store/down...c1manualv2.pdf

you try this

I added the exile BT and this connector to activate the cd charge port of my sony for BT use, therefore I can use all my remotes

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-UNILINK...-/280612539576

http://exileaudio.com/store/install-...-receiver.html
    Last edited by jmvotto; 06-15-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Simultaneously linking to two BT units? No. Pair back and forth, one at a time? A total pain I would think, but yes you could. Exile has stated to be have been working on a transom solution along those lines. Better first check in with Exile. Could you daisy chain one functional BT receiver with a second non-functioning BT receiver via a hardwired scheme using one output and one Aux input? I suppose you could but I see lots of potential problems trying to Frankenstein a solution for which the product was not designed for. Again, you should go directly to Exile and take their temperature on this.

David that is what I was thinking was to daisy chain them. The problem would be that you could only control volume. I wish the sony headunit wasn't such a big POS.
    -Mark

"Hey you only live once"

What about taking out the full size traditional head unit and go with a compact round head unit in the helm remote hole and then a compatible round slave remote on the transom in the transom remote hole. One blue tooth connection but slave remote gives you nearly full control at the transom as you get at the helm.

Likely retain tuner and USB and hardwire AUX

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    David that is what I was thinking was to daisy chain them. The problem would be that you could only control volume. I wish the sony headunit wasn't such a big POS.
    I know. But is the Sony HU a problem if you are just using it as a simple pass-thru? Also, I like MLA's suggestion as it is simple and used as designed. I'm a fan of a conventional HU and remote in some form.
    In any case, a daisy chain raises more questions than it offers as solutions. Line of sight distance is awesome but pairing with the transom, having the phone up front, with a boat full of peeps (physical obstructions), is very different. Long 20 ft.+ RCA from transom the dash. 2 volt output into an Aux input intended for a small phone voltage....and would you need to add a PAC LC-1 to reconcile with the input. I could go on with the concerns of trying to make something work in a scenario for which it wasn't intended. You would have to get Exile to sign of on that scheme. And they may be able to share if they are closer to another solution.

I have the Exile BT media center in my boat (and the exile regular BT unit in my car).

I honestly don't see that you'd be able to use them as you're thinking.

That said, I've been thinking of replacing my big speedometer gauge with one of the MB Quart or kicker round "BT head units" that accept the wired remotes. That way I could actually control my BT from the remotes (like track forward, volume, pause).

Alternatively, you could get a traditional head unit with BT that accepts wired remotes.

Does your existing sony headunit have Bluetooth? If so, what are you really gaining by trying to go with something different?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by David Analog View Post
    Exile has stated to be have been working on a transom solution along those lines..
    I too have heard rumors...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com