Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default LED's on the XLV

Did some more LED upgrades. I figure I'd put all my LED stuff into a thread to have it in one place.

I have most of my LED's on the "court light" circuit, controlled by the rocker switch. I have the following:

• Translucent cupholders with blue LED's built into the barrel
    • LED Angel Eyes on the inside of the REV410 grills
    • LED Angel Eyes on the inside of the grills of all my Polk 6.5" coaxial in boat speakers
    • Clear plexiglass rings with narrow 1cm per led strips hot glued on the inside of the rings
    • Narrow 1cm per led strips inside translucent tubing as LED subwoofer rings
    • LED Angel Eyes on the inside of the subwoofer grills
    • LED surface mount trailer running lights in the rear lockers
    • LED Surface Mount running lights in various spots on the seat bases
    • White LED bulbs in the various dash gauges
    • LED replacement front Nav light
    • LED Bulb in the tower mounted anchor light
    • Six waterproof 6w CREE LED lights mounted to the wake plate.
    • 20w LED drain plug light
    • MR-16 LED docking lights

My most recent addition was finishing up the bow with the angel eyes, speaker rings, and cupholders. Because I do a decent amount of motoring at night, I wired them onto a seperate switch that piggybacks off the court light switch. That way I can leave the lights rear of the driver on if I want and black out the bow lights.

Likewise, I added an independent switch to turn on and off the underwater transom lights.

Two new switches:

Switches light up blue when the lights they control are powered on.

Clean and flush mounted.

Bow speaker lights and speaker rings and cupholder.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

LED lights on the wakeplate. 4 pointing back, 2 pointing to the sides.

Wakeplate mounted lights.

Here's a shot that shows the angel eyes on the tower speakers. it also shows an LED drain plug light that I used to have (until I dropped it on the garage floor and cracked the resin)
    Last edited by trayson; 06-14-2017 at 01:57 AM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Evening shot (old drain plug light)

Oh, here's one I forgot... LED Runway lights on the trailer, wired to a digital bilge pump switch:

Tower speakers and Subs:

In boat speaker with angel eye and speaker ring, surface mounted LED running light. This speaker was added to under the seat base behind the playpen walkthrough.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Speaker added to the rear center seat (the one that slides out). So I have 8 in boat speakers.

Speaker inputs and LED's on a 4 prong trailer harness to be able to remove seat if needed.

LED Docking lights vs the old incandescents:

Bulb comparison:
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Subwoofer speaker rings and angel eyes mounted inside grills.

Cupholders:

Picture of the LED's I used going inside the tubing to make the rings. These are the same LED's I glued to the inside of the plexiglass speaker rings.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

LED Angel Eyes on the inside of the subwoofer grills:

Angel eyes on in boat speakers:

Speaker rings on in boats

LED Angel eyes and speaker rings on my old tower speakers:
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Speakers and cupholders:

cupholders with lights turned off. very clean.

P.S. if the last 7 pictures don't show up, please let me know. They're from google photos back when it used to be Picasa and I'm not sure the direct linking of them is going to work...
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Nice work

2016 Supra SG 450
    Josh

2016 Supra SG 450
    2001 Calabria Pro V - Sold
    1987 Supra Sunsport - Sold

The LED bulb for the docking lights... Is there much of a lighting difference? Can I ask where you purchased them & what model number you went with? I looked a while back for some upgraded lights for the front docking lights, but did not find any...

Quote Originally Posted by trevormcfar View Post
    The LED bulb for the docking lights... Is there much of a lighting difference? Can I ask where you purchased them & what model number you went with? I looked a while back for some upgraded lights for the front docking lights, but did not find any...
    I can't say that it really puts out more light. But it is a whiter light and it doesn't draw as much current or generate as much heat. I basically did a search on Ebay for higher wattage 12v LED MR-16 lights... I think the 12w were too long, but I found some 9w that worked. I can't find the link to the item in my ebay history, so not sure what the exact ones I used were. basically trial and error.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com