Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

My H F kept breaking. Ordered aluminum from Amazon. Came with extra set of handles. Have not broke one yet.
    James
    2014 Mondo
    93 Four Winns 180 Freedom Sold

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    After reading all of that it is strange that the same lever survives in the aluminum version. I guess there are different forces working. The plastic handle will probably flex and move differently along with possibly stiffer or different cups? There is a lot at play there. It could also be that the levers on the aluminum version are made of a stronger plastic but made from the same mold?
    I could just be unlucky. Or that the two levers that broke were off the same original handle and the 2nd one broke shortly after the first?

I read some amazon reviews on handles with the different style of levers and saw people complaining where those broke too...

I guess I'll see what happens from this point forward. (and I'll keep another handle with me that I can grab parts off if needed. I mean for $8, I'd rather just pop in a new lever or two than re-fabricate another handle to go with my gate frame.)

Again, I've only broke 2 levers, so it's not like it's an epidemic (yet).
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by JD14Mondo View Post
    My H F kept breaking. Ordered aluminum from Amazon. Came with extra set of handles. Have not broke one yet.
    Can you give me a link to the one you ordered that came with the extra set?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default DIY Suck Gate Handle levers breaking...

GekBot Heavy Duty Aluminum Double Handle (2 cup) Glass Lifter Puller Gripper Suction... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTA9QVX..._tzfqzb7NSQXXN

Came with extra set of levers
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

That one has nice circlips. That will make life easy.

Just have your buddy with the CnC machine make you a couple of nice aluminum levers and have them powder coated to match
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by JD14Mondo View Post
    What he said ^

I've broken some HF items by just taking them out of the packaging...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    What he said ^

Dude. Your pic is the one that has levers that are identical to mine, down to the finest detail of the mold. You're really trying to tell me that you really think the levers you and I have are different plastic?

I might buy it if your lever wasn't one of the ones that was obviously car from the same mold... At least the other link were levers that had a slightly different shape that led me to believe they weren't made in the same factory.
    Last edited by trayson; 06-13-2017 at 11:05 PM.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    What he said ^

Exact same one I have and not a single problem. Same sticker on it.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

All right, thanks for the feedback.

I mean, I would have said the exact same thing as you guys a month ago: "Never had a problem". It's never slipped, never had any trouble sticking to the hull, etc.

Maybe I got a bad one. Maybe it didn't like how I stored it over the winter. Maybe my grip strength is so massive that I have such incredible leverage that plastic is no match for the force I apply!!!!!!!!

Dunno. It's not like my sample size is huge.

FWIW, here's how mine failed and a close up of one of my levers that look remarkably the same as about 1/2 the handles out there:

www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post

Is that a plastic pin that broke? .
    It's a steel pin and no, the pin has never shown any weakness.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com