Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Trayson, I have broken 4 of the plastic "levers" from harbor freight as well. I assumed it was from it trying to compress the water that gets between the plastic frame and the rubber cup so I drilled a small (1/8" iirc) relief hole in the plastic on each side. Since then I have only broken one lever, but I think the key is to work the lever back and forth instead of one forceful motion to lock it down.

I ordered that yellow cup last week and threw it in the boat so if another breaks I can switch to those.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

just buy one of these and be done with it

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...Fde2wAod8GgIwQ
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Trayson, I have broken 4 of the plastic "levers" from harbor freight as well. I assumed it was from it trying to compress the water that gets between the plastic frame and the rubber cup so I drilled a small (1/8" iirc) relief hole in the plastic on each side. Since then I have only broken one lever, but I think the key is to work the lever back and forth instead of one forceful motion to lock it down.

I ordered that yellow cup last week and threw it in the boat so if another breaks I can switch to those.
    Okay, cool. that's exactly the type of feedback I was looking for. For the yellow one, are you planning on just swapping the levers to your existing handle, or are you planning on disassembling your gate and swapping in the whole new handle?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I'm just going to swap the levers over.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

I'm just going to swap the levers over.
    I'm with ya. No need to change out the whole works if just that little part is broke. If I was starting over from scratch, obviously I'd choose a different direction.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Did yours come with a pair of extra levers too? if so, got a link to the one you ordered? I see two yellow ones on amazon at $15 and $16 respectively. And then the silver one that someone said came with extra levers. If I order anything getting a new handle with extra levers seems the way to go.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Maybe my grip strength is so massive that I have such incredible leverage that plastic is no match for the force I apply!!!!!!!!
    This is probably the actual problem.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    This is probably the actual problem.
    Damn straight. I'm glad people finally can see the substance of the issue.

Life is rough when you're too burly for the suck.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I've done more suck gate testing than I'd care to admit, but here's my two cents:

The HF handles stick well and are plastic, which to me is a big advantage over the aluminum version. The levers and cups of the HF, while they appear identical, are both inferior to the aluminum handle versions (at least the 3 aluminum ones I've tested.) Same mold maybe, but clearly different chemistry.

Obviously the Seastow is my favorite overall handle and design, but if I had to use a different handle I'd use the cups and levers from the aluminum on the HF handle.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    I've done more suck gate testing than I'd care to admit, but here's my two cents:

The HF handles stick well and are plastic, which to me is a big advantage over the aluminum version. The levers and cups of the HF, while they appear identical, are both inferior to the aluminum handle versions (at least the 3 aluminum ones I've tested.) Same mold maybe, but clearly different chemistry.

Obviously the Seastow is my favorite overall handle and design, but if I had to use a different handle I'd use the cups and levers from the aluminum on the HF handle.
    Amazon prime Link to the best aluminum handle that comes with extra levers to cannibalize for use with my HF handle?
    www.TraysonsToybox.com