Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

The ones I tested last year aren't available from the same sellers anymore but look for one like Berg's. That same sticker was on mine. The whole handle smelled like it would give you cancer but man that thing would peel fiberglass off the hull before coming unstuck.

I got this one since I could tell the levers were different than the harbor freight
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    The ones I tested last year aren't available from the same sellers anymore but look for one like Berg's. That same sticker was on mine. The whole handle smelled like it would give you cancer but man that thing would peel fiberglass off the hull before coming unstuck.
    I left mine on the back seat overnight with the cups face down, big mistake. It left two yellow stains that are still there. Who knows what they make that stuff out of.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post

I got this one since I could tell the levers were different than the harbor freight
    Perfect. I ordered this one. I want to have some spare levers to take on my trip next week. a week at the lake with no spares would be no bueno! (although my listed wave is pretty damn good, so I don't even really need a suck gate but it's nice to have one)
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    I left mine on the back seat overnight with the cups face down, big mistake. It left two yellow stains that are still there. Who knows what they make that stuff out of.
    I made the same mistake. Thought it was rust from the springs on inside. Interweb articles suggested a combination of lemon juice and salt mixed in a paste to clean it up. I tried that and it didn't do a whole lot. Maybe lightened the ring colors but they are still there if you know what to look for.

Let me know if you have any better luck removing them.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    I made the same mistake. Thought it was rust from the springs on inside. Interweb articles suggested a combination of lemon juice and salt mixed in a paste to clean it up. I tried that and it didn't do a whole lot. Maybe lightened the ring colors but they are still there if you know what to look for.

I'd try star brite vinyl cleaner. or magic eraser if that doesn't work.

I guess next to the toxic stains, my broken levers don't seem so bad.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post

I didn't touch them because I am in the process of replacing all of my vinyl and that piece is #2 in line for replacement. It has lightened up a lot like yours did. I don't put it on the vinyl even for a second now.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Ended up just making my own handles. Still have to clean them up but I doubt these will ever break, lol.
    handle 2.jpg
    2014 Moomba Mondo
    Indmar 409
    900 Sumo's
    750 IBS
    Wetsounds Three-some w/SD6

hope you made a bunch, traysons gonna need some .
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

You could start a mini enterprise right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz