Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Who are you referring to as they? Brian from Exile or the Earmark Wet Sounds guys? They both help, but seems the Wet Sounds guts are always pretty slanted it seems
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Let's clarify a few things.
    I responded to a direct question by David, with a direct answer. I'm not a Wetsounds guy. I respect Wetsounds but I'm probably more of a JL Audio guy as that is what I use personally. I have one Wetsounds T-shirt though. I'm not an Earmark guy. I have been retired from the industry for over four years now. I just enjoy audio, including marine audio, and perhaps vintage home audio the most. This 'Wetsounds Guys' thing is often used when you don't like the narrative, and you want to discredit the information source. Sorry, but accurate information is still going to flow.
    This wasn't an Exile versus Wetsounds subject until Knox made it one. I have provided the identical information about ground loop adapters countless times in every context. I'm not really interested in the 'E' subject unless I see false information or false comparisons.
    Now, more about GLAs....Ground loop noise isn't limited to towboats. It is a problem based on the relationship between audio gear. Cars with a ton of steel can still have this problem. Home theater has this problem. Large crafts that mix AC and DC components have this problem. The best solution is always to correct the installation whenever possible. GLAs use transformers. Transformers have inductance. Inductance causes a change in sound quality and most often a roll-off in the high frequency response. I've also heard the bass performance suffer from using cheap $15 to $20 GLAs. Now if you personally do not hear a degradation in sound quality when using GLAs, then by all means use them. But don't argue with what an entire industry knows. If a GLA was a suitable solution, why don't the manufacturers of audio equipment, particularly marine audio equipment, include GLAs in their circuitry? Why doesn't JL Audio offer these? Alpine, Kenwood, Clarion, Sony, Kicker....?
    So how about just sticking to real facts.

DavidAnalog and MLA provide HUGE value, but, much like in politics, are pretty slanted in their views - chances are if you take the brand out of an Exile related post, you'll get the same answer, without a dig at the underlying product.

It seems that as dealers they feel slighted by Exile - ok, we all understand, you don't like their direct to consumer model - in my opinion, ultimately Exile being dramatically smaller than WetSounds necessitates that model to grow the brands exposure.

I'm on a lake where at any given time there are 300+ boats on our sandbar - most with JL, Alpine, or WetSounds systems. There are 2 audio dealers within 100 miles that have never heard of Exile, and probably don't care to, because they have their 3 brands and make their margins. Fair enough.

So, direct to consumer works, and Exile provides the backend support to make it work.

Just about every other industry in the universe operates like this, why a local audio retailer should feel any ownership of internet market share is beyond me.

Hell, I work in finance and my company wholesales to brokers in my market - we outsell them on service every time, we don't bitch about the competition.
    2013 Outback V

The real slant in this statement is, "It seems that as dealers they feel slighted by Exile - ok, we all understand, you don't like their direct to consumer model - in my opinion, ultimately Exile being dramatically smaller than WetSounds necessitates that model to grow the brands exposure."
    OMG, that is just more justification to explain why some others might have an alternate opinion. Ian, with all respect, you haven't a clue about brand to dealer relationships in this case. Almost every major manufacturer sells to the consumer direct or has a distribution alternative beyond brick and mortar. That list would include Wetsounds and JL Audio that do sell direct to consumers. This would go much better without this type of speculation.
    This thread went for days inactive and with no hint of contention.

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Who are you referring to as they? Brian from Exile or the Earmark Wet Sounds guys? They both help, but seems the Wet Sounds guts are always pretty slanted it seems

They I was referring to was David and Mla.
    Last edited by jmvotto; 07-01-2017 at 09:13 AM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Sheesh, as thin skinned as Donald Trump. Nice rant .... I'm pretty sure he gave the same advice to David's full wetsounds system (likely from earmark)

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I appreciate the advice that is given by all the guys with audio knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

I want to first thank Ian for the personal invitation to a thread I was not yet a part of.

Now that im here..............

I am no more a wet sounds guy, then a BOSS Audio or Pyle guy. As a non-captive, non-binding independent contractor, I choose to rep, or not rep, the brands of my choice.

Again, you guys know far more than me, and add huge value, whether you realize it or not, you both seem to hate on Exile with regularity - I disappeared for like 8 months, came back, and its more of the same.

I have Exile components, Kicker components, have had WetSounds, and a bunch of other - I think if anyone thinks one brand is the end all/be all, they are foolish.

I like Exile because it's different, they have great support, sound phenomenal, and fit the budget.

I would LOVE to see this forum go back to the impartial, loving, helpful network it once was.
    2013 Outback V

David, everyone knows you don't like Exile, or the people running it, all I'm asking is for you to stop posting negative on Exile threads. The OP was clearly excited about his experience with them and wanted to share, then here you come along and try to pee in his Cheerios. I would say the same thing to someone if they were constantly trying to knock down another brand or group of people. There was 0 need for you to reply to the OP, who by the way, didn't ask for any help. Yes, someone else asked a question and that opened the door for you to comment. It's just that your comment went beyond what was needed. I didn't start an Exile vs brand X thing, I called you out. Let's get that clear.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold