Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    What does the thread title say..... Exile audio rocks! Pretty sure it doesn't say what is a ground loop isolator. .
    Sure as heck doesnt say "Help, theres a wet sounds guy in my thread". But look at the bright side, you are up to 28 posts now. Gonna be a forum old timer in now time flat at this rate.

Hahaha, is that how this thing works? I guess after reading forum after forum of the same 2 people telling everyone how wrong the Exile guys are on every topic, it just got old to me. I have a wet sounds 420, see, I'm not biased...lol
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

telling everyone how wrong the Exile guys are on every topic
    By this you mean challenging false or misleading info or incorrect comparisons? Then yes, guilty as charged. Seems that its not unbiased info that some seek, but rather that unchallenged avenue where there is no difference of opinion.

My butt hurts.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by David Analog View Post
    Let's clarify a few things.
    I responded to a direct question by David, with a direct answer. I'm not a Wetsounds guy. I respect Wetsounds but I'm probably more of a JL Audio guy as that is what I use personally. I have one Wetsounds T-shirt though. I'm not an Earmark guy. I have been retired from the industry for over four years now. I just enjoy audio, including marine audio, and perhaps vintage home audio the most. This 'Wetsounds Guys' thing is often used when you don't like the narrative, and you want to discredit the information source. Sorry, but accurate information is still going to flow.
    This wasn't an Exile versus Wetsounds subject until Knox made it one. I have provided the identical information about ground loop adapters countless times in every context. I'm not really interested in the 'E' subject unless I see false information or false comparisons.
    Now, more about GLAs....Ground loop noise isn't limited to towboats. It is a problem based on the relationship between audio gear. Cars with a ton of steel can still have this problem. Home theater has this problem. Large crafts that mix AC and DC components have this problem. The best solution is always to correct the installation whenever possible. GLAs use transformers. Transformers have inductance. Inductance causes a change in sound quality and most often a roll-off in the high frequency response. I've also heard the bass performance suffer from using cheap $15 to $20 GLAs. Now if you personally do not hear a degradation in sound quality when using GLAs, then by all means use them. But don't argue with what an entire industry knows. If a GLA was a suitable solution, why don't the manufacturers of audio equipment, particularly marine audio equipment, include GLAs in their circuitry? Why doesn't JL Audio offer these? Alpine, Kenwood, Clarion, Sony, Kicker....?
    So how about just sticking to real facts.

As an EE, I sit back and read these articles and they are usually spot on with some added preferences based on their experience. Experts all do that and use systems and components that are known to work for them or may cases who they work for. As far as GLAs are concerned, they are simply a band pass filter for the noise you are encountering but it also filters out the audible sounds in that frequency range so it is like having an equalizer with a couple of frequency bands shut down. You filter power sources not the sound.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD