Thought I'd share a quick story regarding my experience with the guys at Exile Audio. Recently purchased a new Mojo and have been upgrading the audio system (cabin speakers, sub, amps, tower speakers, ZLD) and ran into an issue where I had a tone-like noise coming through my tower speakers that I just couldn't diagnose. Dropped by Exile's shop in Lake Oswego last Friday afternoon and their installer was more than willing to help me out. Within 30 seconds he had diagnosed the issue and installed a ground-loop isolator between the Fusion HU and ZLD and completely cleaned up all the pesky noises in the tower speakers. Then, he jumped in the space behind the observation seat and proceeded to adjust both amps for me even though one of them was a Wetsounds product. All this on a Friday afternoon when they happened to be leaving for an event at Shasta that weekend. Pretty awesome customer service, thought I’d share it.
Btw, for all of you with Fusion head units I learned that they can often times introduce noise when you run them through a zone controller or equalizer such as the ZLD. Even though the HU, both amps, and ZLD are grounded to the same ground distribution block I was still having problems. Something to keep in mind for all you guys with newer Moombas. Cheers!