Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Exile Audio Rocks!

Thought I'd share a quick story regarding my experience with the guys at Exile Audio. Recently purchased a new Mojo and have been upgrading the audio system (cabin speakers, sub, amps, tower speakers, ZLD) and ran into an issue where I had a tone-like noise coming through my tower speakers that I just couldn't diagnose. Dropped by Exile's shop in Lake Oswego last Friday afternoon and their installer was more than willing to help me out. Within 30 seconds he had diagnosed the issue and installed a ground-loop isolator between the Fusion HU and ZLD and completely cleaned up all the pesky noises in the tower speakers. Then, he jumped in the space behind the observation seat and proceeded to adjust both amps for me even though one of them was a Wetsounds product. All this on a Friday afternoon when they happened to be leaving for an event at Shasta that weekend. Pretty awesome customer service, thought I’d share it.
    Btw, for all of you with Fusion head units I learned that they can often times introduce noise when you run them through a zone controller or equalizer such as the ZLD. Even though the HU, both amps, and ZLD are grounded to the same ground distribution block I was still having problems. Something to keep in mind for all you guys with newer Moombas. Cheers!
    2017 Mojo (sold)
    2005 Moomba XLV (sold)

Nice! Thanks for sharing. You get what you pay for.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Outstanding service! Great to hear.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Brian and his crew is awesome

Thought the fusion u it's were decent. Was thinking of upgrading from Sony
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

So what is this ground loop isolator and how is it installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I have had several similar situations with Brian and Donovan and they have come through time and again to help me out as well.....customer service at its best!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    So what is this ground loop isolator and how is it installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A ground loop isolator is an in-line RCA adapter that can be installed between any line-level components such as HU to amp, HU to EQ, etc. It consists of two (stereo) tiny transformers that interrupt the DC link between two audio components. It can be a quick fix for noise, but as a band aid (a cover-up) it leaves the real cause of noise intact. Placing a transformer in-line can alter the signal. So if you have noise you are better off taking the extra time and correcting the real cause of the noise in the installation process.

Quote Originally Posted by David Analog View Post
    A ground loop isolator is an in-line RCA adapter that can be installed between any line-level components such as HU to amp, HU to EQ, etc. It consists of two (stereo) tiny transformers that interrupt the DC link between two audio components. It can be a quick fix for noise, but as a band aid (a cover-up) it leaves the real cause of noise intact. Placing a transformer in-line can alter the signal. So if you have noise you are better off taking the extra time and correcting the real cause of the noise in the installation process.
    Well since I am following your install wiring schematic I shouldnt have any noise then lol.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I wish the couple Wet Sounds guys on here would stay out of the Exile conversations, it is really annoying and the same 2 people do it on every forum of every boat manufacturer out there. Enough! Leave it alone. Sometimes a gli is necessary, its a boat! Boats have a horrible grounding system, there will always be some level of noise in the system and its even worse when you run high wattage stereos with an HLCD setup. But really, Wet Sounds guys, enough is enough...please.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

They do provide a great level of knowledge and have been unbiased for a while .

If I can band aid a fix in the boat for noise then why wouldn't I

Also they took time to help out and get a fix for the issue
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold