Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mcjimmy33 View Post
    My boat had this the first 5-6x out and would only come on after about an hour of running it. I pulled the sensor out and messed with it countless times. The code has not come back on last couple times out. Engine temp is fine so I think my sensor was being overly finicky.
    Mcjimmy, do you have any pics of the paddlewheel, where it is located
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

So I got back into the engine compartment and found the sensor with the paddle wheel.
    The circled cap is attached to the house that comes out of the heat exchanger. Unscrew the cap, by hand, and pool out the paddle wheel and sensor assembly.
    If you are in the cabin, looking art the motor, it is located behind the motor.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 F150 Lariat

Default Found the paddlewheel

I found the paddlewheel sensor on my '16 Mondo (thanks for the pics), pulled it out very easily, looked clean, spun freely, reinstalled it. Code still comes on, less frequently I think, engine temp hangs around 160-165. I'm guessing the sensor is just sending bad signals, I plan to replace it during winterizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    So I got back into the engine compartment and found the sensor with the paddle wheel.
    The circled cap is attached to the house that comes out of the heat exchanger. Unscrew the cap, by hand, and pool out the paddle wheel and sensor assembly.
    If you are in the cabin, looking art the motor, it is located behind the motor.

Make sure as you tighten the cap, the paddle wheel remains vertical. As I tightened mine I noticed it went sideways, that'll cause it not to spin. I'm sure you noticed that, just thought i'd mention it.
    Another thing to know is these sensors go bad . I've heard recommendations replace the sensor assemble every 1-2 years.
    Since your engine is not getting hot, I would assume your cooling system is working fine, I't might be the sensor.
    The other thing I did was remove the end caps on the heat exchanger and flushed it with fresh water. You can get silt and debris in there from the raw lake water. You will need help screwing the bottom cap back on, I had my buddy hold the cap in place while I tightened the bolt. Tighten it using a wrench and hand only so you do not crack the cylinder!!
    Last edited by Isaguel; 07-05-2017 at 09:52 AM.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 F150 Lariat

Replying to follow thread as yesterday I got the same codes on 2016 Mojo. First fault codes for me (first year owning). Makes sense -- I was not getting hotter than normal engine temps and we did have heavy rains yesterday that put debris in the lake. Just for future planning, does anyone already have the sensor part number / cost handy?
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

SPN 110 FMI 1 is related to the water flow sensor and is an indicator only, it will not put the engine into power reduction. If you get that code keep an eye on the temp gauge. As long as the temp stays in the 160 range, the engine is cooling adequately. Paddlewheel just might have some debris limiting rotation.

SPN 110 FMI 15 is a different story . It indicates a high engine temperature and if set will limit the RPM. If 110 FMI 15 is displayed, it needs to be addressed so the engine is not damaged.
    Larry Engelbert
    Indmar Marine Engines
    "Power to the Sport"

Today, unscrewed the sensor cap and didn't even take out all the way -- was worried about getting into something I didn't want to spend time on -- so just re-tightened and no code after two trips today. Thanks forum.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by Engine Nut View Post
    SPN 110 FMI 1 is related to the water flow sensor and is an indicator only, it will not put the engine into power reduction. If you get that code keep an eye on the temp gauge. As long as the temp stays in the 160 range, the engine is cooling adequately. Paddlewheel just might have some debris limiting rotation.

SPN 110 FMI 15 is a different story . It indicates a high engine temperature and if set will limit the RPM. If 110 FMI 15 is displayed, it needs to be addressed so the engine is not damaged.
    Got it thanks. I have been out 3 times with no further problems. Yesterday boated about 4 hours with no problems. All I did was remove the paddle wheel, make sure it was spinning, flushed the heat exchanger and added marine antifreeze and no problems since. Engine temp running around 160 after running several hours. If it happens again I'll bring it in.

2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 F150 Lariat

This id's the fault code list for raptor and I could not find spn110 fmi1. Where is it?

2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 F150 Lariat

The above pics were super helpful. I took mine out (unscrewed quite easily) and it was sorta gritty. So I worked out the sand or grit so it could spin freely and put it back in. I'll know tomorrow if it fixed it.
    2016 Craz