Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Fault Warning SPN 110 FMI: 1 ??

Plugs will tell you if you are burning coolant but consuming the whole tank in 20 seconds would be hydro locking your engine if it was getting in a cylinder or 2.

Sounds like a hose is leaking, but would expect to see coolant in the hull.

Trying to think if any closed loop coolant hose dumps straight to exhaust/water jacket.

Leak in heat exchanger? That would dump closed loop coolant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 08-18-2022 at 08:31 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    I'm chasing the dreaded 110 fmi 15. Raw water system is working, coolant drains from the tank as fast as I crank it up. Nothing in the bilge, oil looks and smells normal, pulling plugs to check them next. When I fill the overflow and start it up, it'll drop 15-20 degrees for about 20 seconds then steadily climb again. Had coolant changed by dealer over the winter, probably 100 hours this season on it before it happened.
    Could there be air in the lines from the coolant going low? Then when you fill and run it, it fills that void and lowers the bottle level?
    Does not address how you are loosing coolant, but if you keep refilling the bottle, I would expect to see something in the hull.

Also, I think Zach told me the had to clear that clear the computer code when it happened to me. But that was after I got that heater fitting fixed.
    2018 Supra SL400

Knox, to clarify - are you saying that you can’t keep engine temp stable after it first drops a bit when drinking the coolant you’ve added?

Also, you are a Supra now, correct? Do you have the heater loop pump in same spot as the moombas? That was the source of my leak/failure but wasn’t loosing coolant near that fast.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE