Default Exile surf speaker problem

So I'm having an annoying problem with my Exile Sxt9Q speakers. Mainly the left one. When the boat rocks from side to side the speaker will go in and out like the connection is bad or loose. I've tightened down the set screw and tried to clean the connection off but it's still doing it. Anybody else have this problem or have a suggestion on something else to try? Thanks for any help, it's really starting to drive me crazy.
    Britt
    Britt

2008 Moomba XLV Gravity Games Edition

I think your best bet will be to get with Exile. They should take care of you.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Common issue with the design. Too much of the speaker weight is placed on the headphone post and socket, given it has such a small contact point using a spring loaded tab. It can be compounded by a finger bolt thats not kept tight beyond hand tight. Swapping speakers left and right may help you determine if the issue is isolated to the pod or clamp, or both.

I had a similar problem, and it turned out the contact point where the speaker wire is soldered to the speaker mount was snapped, and was intermittently making contact. If I shook the speaker by hand, I could get it into a position where it would play for a while, but then would go out again. I'm not a competent solderer, so i shipped just the speaker mount back to them, and they fixed it with new soldered wires, charged me nothing. Turnaround time was pretty quick too. Might disassemble the mount to see if that's your issue.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

I have the same issue and noticed it again this weekend. One speaker cuts out until you rotate it to where it likes to be. One of the others I constantly have to tighten the screw. The other two work great. The two with issues are mounted at about 30* and the other two hang perfectly vertically. Otherwise I am loving them.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    I had a similar problem, and it turned out the contact point where the speaker wire is soldered to the speaker mount was snapped, and was intermittently making contact. If I shook the speaker by hand, I could get it into a position where it would play for a while, but then would go out again. I'm not a competent solderer, so i shipped just the speaker mount back to them, and they fixed it with new soldered wires, charged me nothing. Turnaround time was pretty quick too. Might disassemble the mount to see if that's your issue.
    Ok, I'll have to check this out. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Britt

Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to try to mess with it tonight and see what I can figure out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Britt