Default Manually empty ballast bags, 2007 LSV

On the lake yesterday & center ballast wouldn't empty. Was able to manually empty through bilge. Has anyone had to manually empty the rear ballast bags? If so how did u empty them? Don't want to get stuck on lake w/rears full & pumps quit. Would like to think of an option, makes me a little nervous.
    2007 LSV

Basically the pumps get air locked. They get an air bubble and won't prime.

When it happened to me on the rears I stood on the bag. It primed the pump.

If the pump stops completely just unplug the hose from the pump.

An option is get a couple quick release hose connections and put them inline of the drain pump then you can drain to bilge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Helpful, thanks. The pump will fill the bag, just not empty it? Could this still be a priming issue?
    2007 LSV

You have a couple of options. First and foremost, I'd check the fuses and/or do what mike said about the priming.

That said, it would be plenty easy to make up a connector on an over the side pump that you could connect to the fill or the vent line.

I have aerator pumps on my 3 big bags, and I have a reversible pump that does my side under the seat bag. When I plumbed my reversible pump, I put in a TEE valve that goes to a hose I can connect. At the other end of the hose is a fitting I can attach to one of my other bags should I have a problem where one of the pumps went out... It's obviously a lot of extra work and fittings for something that might never get used... But I think I did have to use it once, and I like to be over-prepared.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Manually empty ballast bags, 2007 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sedlak View Post
    Helpful, thanks. The pump will fill the bag, just not empty it? Could this still be a priming issue?
    On your boat fill and drain are different pumps.

All the fills are T off 1 pump but each bag gets a separate drain

Another option get a PVC T valve install on drain line when you air lock just open it to bilge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mmandley; 06-12-2017 at 02:56 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]