Default Service Required 2009 340 cat indmar

Had the above pop up on my screen. Second time out this year about 5 minutes after start up and under way. Boat has 250 hrs, started up without problem yesterday and ran like it always has. Was running fine and continued to do so thru all revs. Headed back to dock to shut the boat off. Then restarted and nothing on the screen and rest of trip was uneventful. Any ideas? Random misfire? I have to admit they are the original spark plugs , they have always looked good in the fall winterization. Think I will see if and when it happens again. 2009 340 cat
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Wow....... nothing after 84 views

Anyways, I put a can of seafoam in , have had the boat out 4-5 times and it performed flawless, still tops out at 46 mph . I still have a new fuel filter, plugs, and belt , (as its squealing like a pig and my bar of soap is getting smaller) to install but am too busy rebuilding a dock. Think I may clean the TB or atleast inspect it as well.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Update….. after 6 years the code has popped up again. I did nothing other than what was previously mentioned, although this is the first tank of fuel still from last year. Think I will get a can of sea foam and try that. I have not had the boat out again since it happened and had forgotten this happened 6 years ago. Go figure….btw 412 hours now and still original plugs. May take it out for an Italian tune up.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug

Old gas can definitely cause issues. Especially if it has ethanol in it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

2009 and the same plugs - no tune up. Wish I had that experience in boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

do you have a CEL come on as well? I made a post about a DIY code scanner you can give it a try if it has codes and you're able to pull them to get an idea

Where are you Loud, I read that post but did not notice it was you. I am in Bala, and it’s raining (blah) and could take a drive, perhaps close and could borrow it? I took the boat out again last night with no incident ( it ran up to 4950 rpm at 47mph ) so I am not sure if it’s a stored code? I only use non ethanol premium, but who knows if it’s truly premium. I do know that the fuel is from last year (probably august maybe even July) and that may have been the issue before. During winterization I inspect the plugs and with no issues and them looking good, I have just had no reason to replace them( the boat running great) even tho I have a set of new ones at the ready. I was surprised to see the message as we were cruising along with no indication of an issue whatsoever. I am tending toward a fuel or water in the fuel issue. I may dump the fuel filter and add some octane and sea foam to the fuel as I still have 60% of a tank and I usually like to get it close to empty before adding new fuel.

thanks for the reply guys
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug

Had the boat out a couple more times and no issues………..without doing anything at all …….. go figure ???.?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug

Update…….out today for about 40 mins and no issues……still trying to burn up last years gas……slow summer. Now one of my seadoos, that’s another story, hopefully just another eaten rectifier.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    Update…….out today for about 40 mins and no issues……still trying to burn up last years gas……slow summer. Now one of my seadoos, that’s another story, hopefully just another eaten rectifier.
    I guess so. Throttle down . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400