Default Roswell Neptune 8

Looking for both reviews and amp advice.

I have a 16 Craz with factory tower speakers that I am looking to replace with Roswell Neptune 8 tower speakers.
    Will the factory Kicker KX200.2 amp be adequate to run these speakers?
    I am concerned about headroom
    We mainly surf so will these speakers be good or are they designed for wakeboard distance?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz

That amp is underpowered. I suggest getting a kicker 400.4 and running it bridged. I have two of those running two sets of towers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

IMO, the Neptune kind of falls in the middle. Its not a traditional coaxial but yet its not a horn loaded compression driver. Yes, they will be good for a surf setup in terms of volume. However, the 200.2 will not drive then to their potential, but it will drive them. I do like the Kicker KXM400.4 in 2 chnl mode for its power for an 8" speaker. Other options, the Wet Sounds HTX-4 or Roswell RMA600.4 for a bit more head room.

They are ok speakers, what makes you want them over the other brands? They throw the vocals pretty far and can be heard at wakeboard range when properly powered and tuned. I would not run the 200.2 to those speakers as that would leave some of the money you spent on the speakers not being used.. A 200 watt a channel at 4 ohms amplifier will give you the power needed to run them at RMS. So the Kicker 400.4 is perfect. Want to push toward peak wattage? HTX4 will do 300 watts to each pod. Any more power and you need to watch the tune put on the amplifier because you will be able to burn them up quicker.
    When you say "headroom", what are you referring to? How they hang on the tower or what most like to say when talking amplifiers?
    For tower height, they hang like the Rev 8's but have the tweeter pod added. For amplifiers, those two amps mentioned will work. Wakeboard distance speakers(HLCD) are great for surfing when tuned right so don't discount the Rev8's...
    Last edited by TrueKaotik; 06-12-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Thank you all for the input and suggestions.
    Considering them as really only ones I have found locally plus they have LED in them from the factory, and ordering on line can get expensive with exchange, shipping and duties.
    What I am understanding is I can use current amp for now and upgrade later after, as asking for both new speakers and amp permission from my wife will be a bit much.
    Head room I was referring to distance under them on tower but think I have that figured will mount them opposite to the norm with 8 inch on the outside leaving centre as a walking path.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz

From a head room standpoint, the Wet Sounds Rev-8 and Icon-8 are just inside of the hang height of the Neptune. Wet Sounds does have a CAD distribution/dealer network. From a cost stand point using US MSRP from both brands, you can get a pair of Rev-8 AND amp for the price of a pair of Neptune. Or two pair of Icon-8 and amp for less than a pair of Neptune-8 and amp. Just another option.