Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Depth Finder An Option! Really???

So, I was just made aware that my depth finder and water temp not working - on my brand new boat mind you - is not working due to the "option" not being installed!? Apparently it's not only just a different "ducer" either, it's a whole system??? Now please don't get me wrong, I love my boat. I love the people who have gone above and behind from moomba, cause my only dealer within 100 miles SUCKS balls!!!! But my question is, am I being to petty about this??? I mean how many of you would pay over 60k for a new surf boat, and think to ask if it has a depth finder or the "Depth Finder Option"??? I know I can do an after market system, but I mean come on. I have the 2017 autowake system, but apparently not the depth finder system installed? Has anybody had this part installed? What were the costs if so? I mean, seriously. I'm shocked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The helix was designed to get people a good surf boat without all the bells and whistles so the price point would be low....maybe that's why it was optional? I'm not sure but it's just a possibility

2016 Supra SG 450
    Josh

2016 Supra SG 450
    2001 Calabria Pro V - Sold
    1987 Supra Sunsport - Sold

It's optional across the whole Moomba line. I know because we had to add it when we were building out 2017 Mojo.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

That's wild to me. Has anyone had it added after delivery. Why someone wouldn't want a depth finder amazes me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all about keeping prices in check. And honestly I'm sure there are many people who have never had a depth finder on their boat or wouldn't even bother looking at it while out on the lake, so they don't see the need for it. It was an option on my last new boat in 2015 and on this boat, I've always added it for peace of mind.
    Boatless for now

Only reason I use a depth finder is to go in places where people with depth finders don't go. I'm a smooth water fanatic. When I got my boat, the depth finder was next to the shifter and totally useless so I swapped with the voltmeter on the dash. They are easy to put in if there's a spot already set up on the dash.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I feel the same way I order my Craz and it came in with no Finder I called the dealer and they couldn't believe it wasn't standard equip when purchasing perfect pass but they ordered me a new thru hull mount and a transducer from sc for about 130 bucks and popped it in easy fix they didn't even charge me for it

For me it seems this would be a basic part of a boat. The problem is not the lake I spend most of my time on, it's the lake I don't spend time on. I look at the depth finder all the time.
    2015 Mojo Surf

The best thing to do is build the boat on the Moomba site. It shows everything as far as I can tell. I remember that was an option while looking on the site.
    Our transducer came unglued and I had not fixed it yet from last season. The first ride out she wanted it fixed so she could relax. I didn't care too much mostly because I know the lake pretty well. Not everyone knows their lake or might like to go to new places so I can see the need for it.
    Of course we compromised and I fixed it before the next outing.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

I think an option like this should be standard, especially on the newer boats. After all, it's built into the display, right?