Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I think an option like this should be standard, especially on the newer boats. After all, it's built into the display, right?
    Exactly my point. 60k for a boat. I never imagined I'd have to ask if a depthfinder was an included option. I mean is the steering wheel also an option. Now my dealer wants almost $500 for the triducer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by s281cheddar View Post
    Exactly my point. 60k for a boat. I never imagined I'd have to ask if a depthfinder was an included option. I mean is the steering wheel also an option. Now my dealer wants almost $500 for the triducer.

You can find it cheaper online I'm sure and it's not hard to DIY.

Searched online with no luck yet.

I used to be a marine tech so not to worried about the simple swap.

Find out who manufacturers the Moomba depth finder and model number and look on line.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by s281cheddar View Post
    So, I was just made aware that my depth finder and water temp not working - on my brand new boat mind you - is not working due to the "option" not being installed!? Apparently it's not only just a different "ducer" either, it's a whole system??? Now please don't get me wrong, I love my boat. I love the people who have gone above and behind from moomba, cause my only dealer within 100 miles SUCKS balls!!!! But my question is, am I being to petty about this??? I mean how many of you would pay over 60k for a new surf boat, and think to ask if it has a depth finder or the "Depth Finder Option"??? I know I can do an after market system, but I mean come on. I have the 2017 autowake system, but apparently not the depth finder system installed? Has anybody had this part installed? What were the costs if so? I mean, seriously. I'm shocked!

Call your dealer. Yea it's an option but gotta think they can help out. Seems like somewhere in the ordering process if built or in sales conversation if stock boat the depth finder should have been discussed.

2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Find out who manufacturers the Moomba depth finder and model number and look on line.
    Did that. No luck.

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Call your dealer. Yea it's an option but gotta think they can help out. Seems like somewhere in the ordering process if built or in sales conversation if stock boat the depth finder should have been discussed.

They are complete idiots. I have recorded convos of them constantly changing stories when questioned on work. Even contacted Skiers Choice directly on issues with local dealer. Complete waste of time. I'd go outta state before going back to my local dealer!

I totally agree with you. A 60K boat and the depth finder is not standard? Pretty stupid.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Come on, this should be standard on a v-drive, with a fixed prop shaft. If I see its getting shallow I am watching the depth like a hawk. I get really nervous when depth starts reaching 2 ft. It should not be an option to not have it.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost