Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You need to understand the SC / Indmar side of things.

To truly know if everything is aligned and working correctly you need to run the boat. Hince the 20Hr service. This allows them to make sure the engine, trans, V drive and shaft are all in alignment. This way your not causing damage by having mis aligned parts.

No different then the alignment on your car or truck. If its out the car still goes down the road just fine. Its just wearing the tires out much faster then needed.

If you bought a new car and it wouldn't go straight you would take it in for service.

If your drive train is out of alignment you wouldn't know just driving the boat. This is why a Dealer needs to look at it

You need to get the alignments checked, also if there is something wrong with the internals they can see this in the fluids when they drain them, maybe your cam is wearing wrong, or a bearing is going out, they need to check all these things before saying yes we will warranty you for 5 years.

Just suck it up as boat ownership.

After the 20hr you can do all your maintenance and save your money.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

That price sounds steep. My dealer just sent me the breakdown and price and it is around $375. I guess it depends on the area.

Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post
    That price sounds steep. My dealer just sent me the breakdown and price and it is around $375. I guess it depends on the area.
    Im interested in knowing what the breakdown is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Helix Surf Edition

2003 Moomba Mobius LS Gone

Change all fluids, oil filter, shaft alignments, check motor mounts and alignment of driveline and hook up computer and check diagnostics.

I had the dealer do my 20 hr on my new Helix, I think they charged me 159.

Default Raptor 20 Hr Service

Quote Originally Posted by jobu View Post
    I had the dealer do my 20 hr on my new Helix, I think they charged me 159.
    Wow, that's super cheap. Most of my bill was labor at $129/ hr for 4 hrs and then the cost of fluids, etc. not sure how it could physically be done for $159, unless they covered the labor or something.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Dropped it off today, decided to pull the trigger on having them do the work, he showed me the 121pt checklist for the service so i feel a bit better about the price. Just goes to show you the meaning of the word BOAT (bust out another thousand) applies no matter if its new or used.

2016 Moomba Helix Surf Edition

2003 Moomba Mobius LS Gone

I may have given way too much for the boat to start with (I really don't think so), but my dealer does the 20 hr. service included in purchase price.

2016 Moomba Craz
    2014 Chaparral H2O 21 Sport
    1997 Sea Ray 175 Sport