Thread: 2017 Helix

Default 2017 Helix

Having trouble trying to get a decent wake to surf behind my new Helix. Dealer was a little in the dark on ballast and plate settings,any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

What size rear bags do have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Do you have the surf package? Mine did not come with the extra 400, if I add a 400lb fatsac to the front and a couple passengers on the surf side I can ropeless. My set up for goofy is 10.9mph, ballast 100% on all 3, surf plate at 80 and wakeplate at 0. For a regular rider I have speed the same and ballast the same but change the surfplate to 70 and wakeplate at 0. I have not tried to play with the autowake yet as far as the pitch an roll go. Last night I had 9 people in the boat and had most of the weight in the rear and about 600lbs total up front and had a killer wave. I moved the wake plate around to make it longer but was by far the best wave I have ever had on it...That being said I need to upgrade my rear bags...

If you don't have the 1100 bags in the back, get those and the panel stiffeners from wakemakers. 2 of each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

FYI The 1100s (for Helix) are on back order from wake makers they told me yesterday it will be 2 more weeks before mine ship. Get discount code off this forum.

I like a slower speed in my helix, regular I set digital pro to 10.2, and prefer auto wake.

without auto wake, start with this set up for regular: fill the front and port at 100% right at 50% and shift your crew to the port side.