Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anybody have this kit: Wake Makers Supra/Moomba Gravity III Ballast System Upgrade

Thinking about getting this for my boat, having issues with pumps and sprinkler valves. Looks pretty neat and should work a lot better then my current stock gravity III system. Any feedback would be great before I drop $1k.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV

My buddy put it off n his XLV. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Totally worth the time, effort and money. It will take a decent bit of all but the results are well worth it. You will be amazed how much faster the systems fills getting you more wave time. Make sure you get the larger bags listed below.
    I was just looking and it looks like the $1,000 system is just for two pumps or zones? Maybe I looked at it incorrectly. In the end you will want one pump for each of the three bags. The stock bags and pumps just don't really cut it. That is a lot of boat to sink down. Get it all at once or build it up as you can. Don't forget the Suck Gate.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    Totally worth the time, effort and money. It will take a decent bit of all but the results are well worth it. You will be amazed how much faster the systems fills getting you more wave time. Make sure you get the larger bags listed below.
    I was just looking and it looks like the $1,000 system is just for two pumps or zones? Maybe I looked at it incorrectly. In the end you will want one pump for each of the three bags. The stock bags and pumps just don't really cut it. That is a lot of boat to sink down. Get it all at once or build it up as you can. Don't forget the Suck Gate.
    Which suck gate should I buy?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV

I did this on my 08 LSV and kept the stock pump for my ski locker. I had three reversible pumps, one on the IBS and one on each rear bag and kept the stock pump and one sprinkler valve for the ski locker bag. It greatly reduced my fill times. My main suggestion is to change all the stock black impellers to the orange or green ones depending on what kind of pumps you are getting. The stock ones will stick is not used for a few days and it is a pain in the ass to get them un stuck.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Been nothing but happy with the upgrade since I did it this spring in my 07 lsv. I piggy backed the ibs off the center locker bag so I run 4 bags off 3 pumps and it works well. The pumps I got already had the orange impellers in them.

The pump upgrade, larger bags, and a suckgate completely transformed my boat into a legit surf machine. You won't regret it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2007 Mobius LSV

Tow Vehicle 2003 F250 6.0 PSD

Quote Originally Posted by jetpilot2002 View Post
    You can make it yourself or Stazi has one he made cheap https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....le-150-shipped

Brain-rinse also sells them as well. Most of us DIY or buy here. You can buy a proper one from WakeMakers as well.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

basically you're upgrading to the system that all the newer boats are coming with. Some of us went a different route with more thru-hulls and faster impeller pumps... But most go the reversible route for ease.

My setup is faster on paper. In reality it's probably on par with the reversible setups or just a smidge faster. I personally like the lower current draw of the impeller pumps. it's nice to have all of my pumps running with my engine off and not worrying about the load that I'm putting on my battery.

I've also added a lot to my system to do above water line draining, etc. I do have 1 reversible pump though.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by jetpilot2002 View Post
    I made mine. Think it cost around $30 or so for everything. Just make sure you tie a buoy to it cause they sink

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2007 Mobius LSV

Tow Vehicle 2003 F250 6.0 PSD

I can vouch for the nauticurl. 2003 LSV. Yup, a $20k boat...Screenshot_20170621-182544.jpg