Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    The ONLY complaint I have about it is that for some decorative purpose they left a 2 inch wide "chevron" > shaped strip without any grip padding on it. Of course that is right where your front foot goes. It is smooth and just slippery enough that your foot can move the tiniest bit.
    A friend of mine suggested skate board grip tape and I will be working on putting that on tonight or tomorrow night. I am just hoping it doesn't tear up the bottom of the feet.
    I wouldn't use grip tape. Why not use some hydroturf. You can get some blem sheets or strips of it for cheap. Heck, get a whole sheet of it and do the Gunwale steps and a triangle on the bow like I did.

There might even be forum members that have some strips of it leftover from floor replacements that they'd give you for free. Just post up the dimensions and I bet you'd get a bite. Apply it to the board with either DAP contact cement or with some 3m spray adhesive.
    Last edited by trayson; 06-05-2017 at 02:23 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Hey, somebody's selling a Soulcraft board here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SoulCraft-Wa...QAAOSw~FJZJGK0
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I wouldn't use grip tape. Why not use some hydroturf. You can get some blem sheets or strips of it for cheap. Heck, get a whole sheet of it and do the Gunwale steps and a triangle on the bow like I did.
    I thought about that for sure and I have a ton of it lying around with the projects I am doing. The problem is that the part without the grip is raised to top level of the turf that is already there. If I add turf it will raise those strips above the level of the rest if that makes sense. I would have been fine with stripping it all and starting over but then there would be those humps. It is fine down the middle of the board for foot placement but this goes at an angle on both sides. Strips would be kind of awkward and may peel off quicker. Also I would have to deal with the kickers which is even worse. Maybe board wax would be a better solution? Stuff just gets gunked up though. It's at the office today so I can make a template after work.
    Great little board though so it is worth doing the mod.

Last edited by 5:00; 06-05-2017 at 03:28 PM.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

What about something else that's still somewhat 'non slip' but thinner? I've seen some peel and stick diamond plate rubber that isn't that thick. Or even put some of the non-skid shelf lining stuff on there? No way I'd do wax, but that's me.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

i rec'd an email from Inland Surfer today about a sale:

Get your Inland Surfer Gear in plenty of time for the 4th of July and Summer!!
    As a thank you for being an Inland Surfer customer, we want to extend a 15% discount to you. All you need to do is send us an email with "RideInland" in the subject line and we will reply with a 15% discount code. Discount good thru June 11th - buy now!

As an added bonus, if you send us a picture of you riding/representing your Inland lifestyle, we may feature you on our social media channels.

And there is more... an added added bonus, leave a review of the product you are riding or purchased and we will send you a free box-o-swag.
    (offer valid through June 11th or while supplies last)

Inland Surfer is the 1st wakesurf company in the world and the leading independent wakesurf manufacturer since 2001. [email protected] www.inlandsurfer.com.

What fin set up do you ride on the volt??
    2005 Outback LSV-Assault 325

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    I thought about that for sure and I have a ton of it lying around with the projects I am doing. The problem is that the part without the grip is raised to top level of the turf that is already there. If I add turf it will raise those strips above the level of the rest if that makes sense. I would have been fine with stripping it all and starting over but then there would be those humps. It is fine down the middle of the board for foot placement but this goes at an angle on both sides. Strips would be kind of awkward and may peel off quicker. Also I would have to deal with the kickers which is even worse. Maybe board wax would be a better solution? Stuff just gets gunked up though. It's at the office today so I can make a template after work.
    Great little board though so it is worth doing the mod.

Get some viskus pad and cut to chevron shape .thin wax alternative. Should be perfect

https://www.viskus.com/product-category/surf-grip/
    Last edited by jmvotto; 06-05-2017 at 10:13 PM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by aggietb View Post
    What fin set up do you ride on the volt??
    Whatever it came with. I got it used but it has just two fins.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Get some viskus pad and cut to chevron shape .thin wax alternative. Should be perfect

https://www.viskus.com/product-category/surf-grip/
    Wow this looks really good. I e-mailed them to check the thickness but it looks really thin. One piece would last forever. I made a perfect template for it last night but after reading Trason's comment I am holding off on applying the skate board grip. I am worried it is going to tear someone's toe up.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

I'll check my basement to see if I have an old piece of viskus in the basement that I can bring to you at the Lake Anna comp in a few wks.